- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Restaurant Management
- Location: Edinburgh
- From £23,000 per annum
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: HOT05R9Y
Waldorf AstoriaEdinburgh – The Caledonian, known locally as the Caley, was built in 1903 andis one of Edinburgh's most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the WestEnd of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles inthe shadow of Edinburgh Castle and its reputation for style and excellence hasattracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundredyears.
Click on thelink to view our hotel video
The Pompadourby Galvin from Michelin-starred chef brothers Chris and Jeff, offers aworld-class culinary experience with views of Edinburgh Castle and exquisitehand-painted wall panels, it's one of Scotland's most magnificent dining rooms.
Why join the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – TheCaledonian as Restaurant Manager at The Pompadour by Galvin?
- PersonalDevelopment programmes for every level
- Workingin an environment where creativity is highly appreciated
- Yearly teamoutings
- Do notforget a competitive starting salary
- Servicecharge and tips
- 28 daysholidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Complimentarymeals on duty and uniforms provided
- Worldwidetravel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates over 5,000 properties inmore than 100 countries and 50% Food & Beverage discounts
- Industryleading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental andhealth cover, and high street discounts
What willit be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides gueststhe exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True WaldorfService that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treateven the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level ofcustomer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
What will I be doing?
As Restaurant Manager at The Pompadour by Galvin, for the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonianyou are responsible for overseeing your department to deliver an excellentGuest and Team Member experience in accordance with the True Waldorf ServiceStandards.
- You willbe the face of the outlet, communicating with the kitchen and the guests alikeensuring a smooth and memorable experience
- Welcomeguests in a polite and friendly manner, consistently demonstrating greatcustomer service
- Up-sellwith latest departmental incentives
- As Restaurant Manager, you will work 5 days per week, including, but not always,weekends and bank holiday
- Manage service to consistently meet standards as defined by the hotel and Waldorf Astoria brand standards
- Effectively control the flow of customers and the interaction between the front and back-of-house throughout service
- Ensure Team Members maximize all sales opportunities
- Accurately manage all transactions during service
- Monitor Team Member schedules, stock, and wastage levels
What are we looking for?
- Passion andwillingness to learn
- Positiveattitude and someone who makes our guests smile
- Genuinelyfriendly and caring
- Enjoysworking as part of a team
- Ambitiousand hard working
- Goodcommunication and excellent grooming standards
- Previous experience in organizing restaurant service in a luxury environment
- Experience in managing teams
- Ability to demonstrate delegation skills
- Flexibility to respond quickly and positively to a range of work situations
- A passion for developing others to be part of a winning team
Looking forwardwelcoming you to our hotel.
Contract - Permanent (39hrs per week)
Salary - £23k per annum + Hilton perks & benefits programme
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, wedo require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in theUnited Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage
Check Out Similar Jobs
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.