- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: EUR013MT
To be accountable for the performance of a team of Group Sales Executives generating revenue for the GT segment. The purpose of the position is to manage a team of individuals who receive & place enquires group leisure business, working under the under the direction and guidance of the Director of Leisure Sales.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
The primary role for this position is to drive the team to respond, qualify and convert opportunities from key managed leisure clients and engage the team in strategically working with the leisure Account Managers to develop relationships. The Manager directs the team to work closely with the hotels to review their needs and requirements in relation to the group business segment.
A requirement will also be to participate in other sales initiatives such as client visits and workshops.
Planning Activities 20%
• Work with the hotels and Director of Sales in line with market expectations
• Collects and analysis relevant information about problems/opportunities
• Keep up to date with new openings, hotel renovations and monthly promotions.
• Use own initiative to find out information and communicate to the rest of the team.
Organising Activities 20%
• Plans organises and uses a systematic approach to get things done.
• Manages time and resources effectively.
• Prioritises actions and manages tasks through to completion.
• Actively seeks opportunities to develop and learn from experience.
• Maintain files & accurate records
• Training sessions & webinar calls to the hotels & GC&E teams
• Responsibility for the Group Booking System and associated activities
Directing Activities 20%
• Implements and manages departmental processes and procedures to ensure strategies and directives are carried out effectively
• Provides direction to team members and establishes work priorities to achieve management and department objectives
• Communicates important information to team members
• Executes organisational directives and encourages achievement of goals through motivation, communication and leadership
• Manages third parties, identifies vendors and monitors cost and quality of service
• Advises management on progress and key performance issues
Staffing Activities 20%
• Provides direction and leadership to team members
• Collaborates with HR on recruitment, selection, training and development
• Works with direct reports to set goals towards accomplishment of department initiatives
• Hold team meetings, monthly & weekly 1-1's and performance reviews.
Controlling Activities 20%
• Oversees proper controls and systems to ensure team operate effectively
• Owns and manages Group projects, systems & process
• Ensures established performance standards are met for department or project
• Assesses actual performance to ensure success and takes corrective actions
• Ensures business plan is followed and achieved providing feedback as necessary
• Enforces policies and procedures to improve overall operations and effectiveness. Ensure Terms & Conditions negotiated with customers are checked / validated by Legal where necessary
• Operates within prescribed budget parameters
• Authorised to make decisions and to sign within the framework of the task area described in the absence of the Director of Sales
• Support Director of Sales to ensure accurate communication of sales promotions and information that relevant people in each hotel receives copies
• Coordinate any required administrative work in terms of reporting of figures, account forecasts and drawing up account development plans within the time frame given and the quality expected.
• Ensures permanent observation of the market and competitors, involvement in drawing up analysis of competitors (rates, trends, customers, product changes) and market statistics, to be shared with the team and Director of Sales.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Support Director of Sales in monitoring of sales results.
• Participates in industry events and represents Hilton Worldwide at national and international specialist trade fairs and workshops, agreed by the Director of Sales.
• Takes part in Communication Meetings on a regular basis as determined by the Director of Sales and lead if necessary and in the absence of the Director of Sales
• In charge of supervising and coaching sales team through close supportive relationship.
• Conducts team member trainings, performance related assessments and consultation.
• Support Director of Sales in maintaining standards, revise these regularly and guarantee that these are upheld through targeted training.
• Updates Sales Manual and other department related documents.
• Involvement in supporting Director of Sales in department target setting for self and team.
• Submit weekly sales call reports and future week activity plan as per the defined reporting standards as determined by the Director of Sales
• Ensure maintenance of accurate and comprehensive and updated rate and special promotions summary sheet and
• Comply with all policies, systems and procedures as laid down by the Regional Director of Sales or Director of Sales and Hilton Worldwide.
• The management reserves the right to change/extend this statement if necessary at any point of time during her/his employment.
• The holder of this statement can be asked to take on other tasks in addition of the ones stated, in a reasonable framework.
• Additional supportive functions as appropriate
• Comply with Hilton Worldwide's company policies
Positions directly reporting to this position and dotted line relationships:
• One to One with their nominated coordinator
• Monthly one to one with Director of Sales.
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
• Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Ability to analyse departmental financial data
• Excellent interpersonal skills to build trust and confidence in order to motivate and influence others
• Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical behaviour and absolute discretion with sensitive information
• Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement actions required to achieve functional goals
• Strong problem solving skills including ability to address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential problems and develop problem solving skills in others
• Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple and concurrent demands
• Ability to collaborate with others and act in an objective manner to stay on track to achieve common goals
• Ability to quickly learn new programs and train others
• Strong project management skills including ability to manage details through to completion and ensure deadlines are met
• Knowledge of business mathematics (weighted averages, percentages) and basic spreadsheet work (Excel)
• Open minded, creative, entrepreneurial and uses initiative to resolve issues
• Understands the importance of the quality of communication (written & verbal) skills sufficient to produce sales communication that reflects the Hilton Worldwide image in a dignified form towards customers and negotiating partners.
• To be motivated, committed and enthusiastic, seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve personal performance
• To maintain a high level of professionalism in dealings with customers, face to face and on the telephone and ready to take calculated risks
• To maintain team focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of department goals.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organisation like Hilton.
• University degree or experience in lieu
• Significant work experience in related roles
• Fluent in English, verbal and writing skills
• Advanced degree preferred
• Experience of the hospitality industry experience preferred in Sales, Marketing, Revenue or Operating roles
• Supervisory experience would be advantageous
• Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Check Out Similar Jobs