- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 491227900
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Manager in the Scotland Corporate Finance team at KPMG. The successful candidate will work on the origination and execution of lead advisory mandates in the mid-market across a range of subsectors.
KPMG is the leading mid market M&A advisor in UK, Europe and Globally. Everything we do is aimed at adding value for our clients whether they are buying, selling or re-financing their business, through objective, unbiased advice supported by:
- genuine integrity and independence
- deep sector knowledge
- global execution capability
- connectivity with the financial markets
The role will allow the successful candidate to work on a broad range of domestic and international transactions for corporate, private equity and owner managed clients.
The scope of the role will include both execution of transactions as well as origination of new opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage M&A projects (with support from Director/ Partner) including being the day to day point of contact for clients.
- Actively managing client interfaces taking responsibility for managing all phases of the transaction cycle and deal execution.
- Leading and managing the delivery of transaction documentation including pitch materials and client proposals.
- Directing and managing colleagues, wider support staff and other external advisers.
- Supervising and reviewing financial analysis carried out by team members.
- Set, monitor and control M&A project budgets, billing and other reporting requirements.
- Build and develop strong relationships in the market.
- Take responsibility for agreed areas of origination and business development.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong academic background.
- Experience within M&A advisory with proven execution ability.
- Strong numerical, analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions.
- Comfortable discussing financially related commercial issues.
- Ability to work on a range of projects simultaneously to demanding timetables.
- Highly motivated, ambitious self-starter willing to take advantages of the opportunities this position offers, but also a team player.
- Experience of working in and managing small teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to high quality standards & detail oriented.
- Personal drive to deliver results.
Sector specific experience not a requirement but may be beneficial.
Experience and Background
Must have relevant corporate finance experience in an investment bank, big 4, private equity team, M&A Boutique or corporate business development role
- Significant transactional experience with a demonstrable track record of deal execution across all phases of the transaction cycle from origination to completion including:
- Preparing high quality pitch materials and proposals including sector mapping, market analysis and target client positioning,
- Drafting transaction documentation, including: valuation analysis, potential buyer research, information memoranda and management presentations
- Financial modelling including LBO & DCF analysis
- Managing the due diligence process including co-ordinating all stakeholders and other advisors including, for example, legal and tax
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.