- Contact: Rachel Livingstone
Marine Harvest Fish Feed (MHFF) is one of the newest divisions within Marine Harvest. Having started manufacturing in June 2014, MHFF has quickly established itself as a competitive supplier of salmon feed playing a key role in supporting Marine Harvest Farming Operations in its delivery of high quality, nutritious, safe and profitable salmon.
In February 2017, permission to open a second fish feed plant on the Isle of Skye in Scotland was granted. The plant will manufacture a broad portfolio of conventional and organic feeds for both fresh and seawater phases of salmon growth in Scotland, Ireland, Faroes and in Norway.
The largest of the Inner Hebrides, Skye is home to some of Scotland’s most iconic landscapes. Whether it be the mountain ranges, the miles of dramatic coastline, or the captivating history, the island is sure to appeal to those with a sense of adventure and appreciation for beautiful scenery.
As the key finance person on site you will work closely with the Site Manager at Kyleakin with significant and frequent exposure to the Management Team, while acting as a key liaison with the Factory Controller in Norway to ensure system operations are aligned.
The main purpose of the role is to deliver timely and accurate reporting of Business Unit financial performance and includes ownership of all key financial processes. This is a key role in the management of the site and an integral part of the operation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts & KPI reports
- Ensuring all finance data in the ERP system is accurate and up to date
- Follow up with other departments regarding transactions
- Maintain robust financial systems and financial controls
- Decision support – ad hoc financial analysis
- Assist in Budget preparation
- Prepare draft monthly forecasts
- Ensure Finance is a key business partner on site and is highly visible
- Frequent interaction with logistics, planning, maintenance and operations departments
- Reporting of R&D expenditure through Feed Trials Unit
Given the complex nature of the Feed Operation, this role requires an intelligent, dynamic finance professional, with excellent communication and collaboration skills. The position is most suited to a highly committed, performance-focused, process orientated individual who is not afraid to challenge the status quo and who can engage well outside of the function. Time spent in a Finance function in a manufacturing environment is of interest, exceptional candidates in Practice with relevant industry exposure will also be considered.
Candidates should have a strong academic record with a degree in Finance or Business and preferably be CIMA/ACCA qualified or part qualified. Very experienced non-qualified candidates who fit all the requirements should also consider applying.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Good knowledge of ERP systems (Infor M3 used)
- Manufacturing, purchasing, supply chain as well as finance modules
- Accounting rules & system inter-actions/integrations
- Knowledge/experience of Hyperion Financial Management input and reporting
- Advanced IT skills, including, but not limited to, MS Office
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detail oriented, investigative, analytical and persistent
Personal qualities sought:
- A committed team player, who champions a culture of collaboration
- Tenacious, dynamic and driven professional
- Energetic, positive and determined personality with a down to earth approach
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded business in a position of significant responsibility and scope. In return we offer an attractive salary, bonus, pension, Occupation Health Support and an extensive training programme. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. However, living locally would be advantageous as daily travel to Kyleakin is essential. Re-location support for the right candidate is available.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.