- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Location: Edinburgh
- £18,765 per annum, Pro-rata
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 83044
Join us in Edinburgh as a Contact Centre Agent
- This role offers an excellent opportunity for you to work in a fast paced business area where you'll directly help our customers
- You'll be joining our Arrears Support Unit (ASU), which aims to provide the bank with a strategic advantage for reducing losses, increasing recovery rates and increasing long term customer value
- You'll be working in a friendly, vibrant environment with a strong team culture
- We’ll start you on a competitive salary of £18,765 (pro rata for hours worked) and you’ll also join our retirement saving plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme
What you'll do
We pride ourselves on successfully coming to the right decision for the business and our customers, which means balancing the need to provide high quality customer service with the need to recover the bank's assets, and you’ll play a crucial part in this process. You’ll have thorough and meaningful conversations with our customers regarding their repayments, listening to and understanding their needs and ensuring they understand every step of the process.
You’ll also be:
- Undertaking a variety of tasks, from the processing of critical customer information to handling the incoming correspondence from branches, business centres and external parties
- Keeping up-to-date and accurate records of vital information, as well as feedback from both customers and internal business partners
- Providing effective resolutions to a range of customer and business queries
- Proactively identifying risks and opportunities to improve our services
Most importantly, you’ll reassure our customers that you're working to resolve their financial difficulties and get them back on track.
The skills you'll need
Essentially, you’ll need to be a real people person, with great listening and communicating capabilities, but also someone who can be resilient in challenging situations.
Along with this, you'll need:
- To be highly organised, and demonstrate the desire for self development
- The ability to multi-task, as you’ll often be calculating and processing information while talking to our customers
- To lead the way by displaying flexibility, and a positive attitude towards change
Previous experience working in a contact centre would certainly be advantageous, as would an understanding of loans, mortgage products and debt management practices.
What else you need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible and commit to working a rotating work pattern.
You’ll work on a rotational shift pattern of 08:45 - 16:45 Monday to Friday for 4 weeks, and 11:30 - 19:30 Monday to Friday for 1 week. You'll work 1 Saturday out of 5 from 9am to 1pm and you’ll work a half day shift on a Friday prior to working a Saturday.
Bank Holiday working is a feature of this role.
You'll enjoy a comprehensive training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development. When you're ready, we’ll help take your career to the next level.
Training will last for 4 weeks and the shift pattern during training is 9am-5pm Monday to Friday (Full Time).
How we'll reward you
Salary: 18,765 per year
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £18,765 (pro rata for hours worked) and you’ll also join our retirement saving plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.