- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Location: Edinburgh
- From £19,000 per annum
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: HOT05RUO
Thestories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian…
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh– The Caledonian, known locally as the Caley, was built in 1903 and is one ofEdinburgh's most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the West End ofPrinces Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles in theshadow of Edinburgh Castle and its reputation for style and excellence hasattracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundredyears.
Click on to view ourhotel video
Breakfast at the Brasserie is served from 6.30am - 10.30 am andfeatures the options of a full Scottish breakfast, a continental breakfast or ala carte.
Whyjoin the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian as an Assistant Breakfast Manager?
- It's your world– Your next rolecould be as an Assistant Manager, or why not move into a different departmentlike Front Office, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
- Personal Development programmesfor every level
- Working in an environment wherecreativity is highly appreciated
- Yearly team outings
- Do not forget a competitivestarting salary
- Service charge and tips
- 28 days holidays including bankholidays (increasing yearly)
- Complimentary meals on duty anduniforms provided
- Worldwide travel perks - up to 30nights at discounted rates over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries and50% Food & Beverage discounts
- Industry leading benefitsincluding contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, andhigh street discounts
We look forward to explaining indetail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a globalhotel organization like Hilton.
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides gueststhe exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True WaldorfService that creates a singular experience. If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treateven the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level ofcustomer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Breakfast Manager forWaldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, you'll be part of a team who are responsible foroverseeing the Breakfast experience to deliver exceptional Guest and Team Memberexperiences in accordance with the True Waldorf Service Standards.
- Assist in the management of Breakfast operations
- You will be the face of theoutlet, communicating with the kitchen and the guests alike ensuring a smooth, luxury experience
- Communicate and delegate tasks to the team
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Represent needs of the team
- Assist Food and Beverage management with achieving financial targets
- Assist Food and Beverage management with training and development of team members
- Assist with annual and mid-year appraisals with team members under your responsibility
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Be environmentally aware
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Breakfast Manager serving Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian is always working on behalf ofour Guests and working with our Team Members. To successfully fill this role,you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience in this or similar role in the luxury/full service sector
- Committed to delivering exceptional levels of service
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
Ourteams deliver exceptional hospitality experiences to our Guests every day &their contributions are at the core of our success. We're committed to helpingour teams 'Thrive@Hilton', to ensure we're our best self, every day.
Our benefit programmes help to build a strong foundation to achieve this...
BODY - Webuild a strong foundation for health & well being:
Retirement plan, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, dentalinsurance & eye care
MIND - Weseek lifelong learning & meaningful leadership:
Childcare vouchers, CMP & CAP, AXA employee assistance programme
SPIRIT - Wedare to dream & connect with purpose:
Team member room rates globally, perks at work package
We are Hilton, We are Hospitality!
Contract– Permanent (39hrs per week)
Salary- £19k per annum, service charge, meals on duty & Hilton perks &benefits programme
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we require allapplicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.Documentation will be required at interview stage
Check Out Similar Jobs