- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 83265
We're looking for a Head of Retail Unsecured Credit Oversight to join us in Edinburgh
- We're looking for a passionate and driven professional to join the Personal & Business Banking (PBB) Unsecured Credit Risk team
- If you have a strong background in leadership, as well a strong understanding of retail lending products and credit risk, this role could be ideal for you
What you'll do
You’ll be responsible for developing and leading a team of professionals to provide oversight of unsecured lending portfolios, helping to maintain performance within risk appetite. You'll have oversight of key portfolio controls and strategies, providing relevant and timely insights into trends and ensuring adherence to RBS’s risk appetite framework.
Key role requirements will also include:
- Providing oversight and challenge of unsecured business strategies, including business initiatives, budget and financial plans, and stress test performance
- Supporting the Head of PBB Unsecured Credit Risk with proactive portfolio positioning
- External benchmarking and attending relevant industry forums
- The on-going review of portfolio trends and concerns through insightful analysis, producing deep dives and supporting portfolio quality review meetings
- Driving the transformation agenda and the automation initiatives, and ensuring alignment across unsecured products
- Displaying risk culture practices and behaviours to ensure risk is a working environment cornerstone
- Contributing to key credit risk reports, including Board Risk Committee reports, the Bank of England Credit Conditions survey, and quarterly investor relations presentations
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with strong stakeholder management skills, the ability to manage across a diverse matrix structure, and a good knowledge of credit risk regulatory requirements.
You’ll also need:
- An understanding of unsecured lending products, and an in-depth knowledge of the unsecured lending industry and commercial environment
- An analytical and enquiring mind with the ability to develop a range of options and communicate in an engaging and compelling manner
- Experience producing high quality senior level papers and reports, and interpreting and challenging credit risk and financial data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex issues and technical information to senior management and executive committees
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.