- Sector: Transport, Logistics and Distribution
- Specialism: Driver - Bus
- Location: Glasgow
- £9 to £11 per hour
- Hours: Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 8633
If you're looking to start an exciting new career journey or just looking to earn some extra income, we can offer you a rewarding career with a difference. As a trainee or qualified bus driver you will be going out on the open roads in Glasgow, you'll work on your own initiative and take ownership of your bus on its travels, looking after passenger safety and providing a great customer experience.
Do you work in care industry, retail or customer service? Bus driving may provide the independence, flexibility and benefits you are looking for.
We can offer flexible working opportunities for people who are interested in working part-time. Applicants might be currently studying at university/college or looking for some extra work in addition to their existing employment.
Opportunities to become trained as a PCV driver, working shifts between a minimum of 8 - 10hrs on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays, the choice is yours!
As a trainee bus driver, you will be earning £9.00 per hour whilst in training, £9.40 - £9.60 once qualified and £10.20 - £11.00 after 3 years.
As part of our friendly and professional depot team, you'll drive different routes, issue tickets and drop people off at their destinations on time. Enjoying lots of responsibility and variety, you'll receive all the training and support you need to develop your skills, achieve your full potential and get a PCV (Passenger Carrying Vehicle) licence.
A friendly face who can work confidently on your own, you must be passionate about providing the best service to our passengers. Aged 18 or above, you should also be helpful, reliable and a good communicator. Happy to work a variety of flexible shifts including early mornings, late evenings and weekends, you'll need to be calm under pressure and have a full car driving licence.
As a FirstBus employee, you'll get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- Gym - Access to gym facilities in 4 out of 6 locations
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll also receive:
- Discounted travel for you and your family on the trains (GWR, TPE, Hull Trains) and your family & friends will also benefit from cheap bus travel. For £6 per day you can take the train all the way to London and back!
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.