- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 81503
Join us in Edinburgh as a Senior Analyst, Retail Credit
- Joining our newly formed Risk operations team, you'll develop and maintain key reporting to provide insight, oversight and challenge to our senior stakeholders
- You'll support to the risk transformation programme in its aim to automate reporting and increase self-serve capabilities
- This is an exciting time to be joining our Risk function, and you'll benefit from various development opportunities, as well as the chance to work with multiple teams across the business
What you'll do
As Senior Analyst, you'll be responsible for the production and coordination of key risk reports for our board and risk committees. We'll look to you to improve the level of insight, oversight and challenge, driving consistency, accuracy and timeliness of data and reporting.
Your primary area of focus will be on credit risk, and you'll support a small team responsible for the insight and analysis of our credit wholesale and retail risk frameworks.
You'll also be responsible for:
- Contributing to crisis reporting and ad-hoc requests
- Producing credit risk reporting board backs
- Monitoring risk appetite against credit limits
- Running code and making changes when necessary
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone highly organised with astute attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines. You'll be highly analytical, proficient with data
handling, and you'll have a general understanding of risk.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Strong report writing skills
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel
- Hands on domain expertise of delivering financial reporting
- Experience with strategic change programmes
- Experience of query resolution through data mining techniques
- The ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with business and technology colleagues
SAS skills and the ability to run code would be useful, as would a background in MI.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.