- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Customer Service
- Location: Edinburgh
- £18,765 to £10.31 per annum, Pro-rata
- Hours: Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 83459
You’ll be the first point of contact when our Premier Banking customers call us, providing a truly personal service. We’ll help you develop, including supporting you to achieve an externally recognized accreditation.
Join us as a Premier Customer Service Representative in Edinburgh
- You’ll become the point of support for our Premier customers when they call one of our telephony centres
- You will help customers with a range of banking queries
- We’ll start you on a competitive salary of £18,765 (pro rata for hours worked)
- We’ll support you to achieve the Professional Bankers Certificate and build on your existing skills with a full training and development programme, with career advancing opportunities
What you'll do
Whether it’s carrying out day-to-day banking transactions, like paying bills or transferring funds abroad, or offering our customers products and services that are right for them, you’ll be there to help. You’ll be there to provide an end to end service to our customers, supporting them every step of the way.
- You’ll take full ownership of your calls, solving customers’ problems and providing excellent service
- You’ll be following up with customers, so being able to build strong relationships will be key
- The calls you take will range in complexity and you’ll build up your knowledge so you can offer the best possible assistance
The skills you'll need
You’ll have experience in customer service, and you’ll be able to have great conversations with customers to find the very best solutions for them.
You’ll combine this with:
- Great listening skills and empathy
- The ability to find the right solutions, even when this isn’t obvious
- The determination to go the extra mile for our customers every day to provide that truly personal service
What else you'll need to know
You’ll be working a minimum of 21 hours per week over three or four evenings, including a Friday, starting between 4pm and 6pm and finishing between 10pm and midnight .
Bank holiday working will also be a part of this role.
You'll enjoy a comprehensive structured training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development and open up progression opportunities. When you're ready, we’ll help take your career to the next level.
How we'll reward you
Salary: £18,765 per year
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £18,765 (which is £10.31 per hour) and in addition you’ll receive money to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days – you may be required to work bank holidays.
At Royal Bank of Scotland, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.