- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 287348
Becoming a Test Lead with Capita Life, Pensions & Specialist:
A chance to be instrumental in supporting the test function with the Phoenix/Royal London account. You will be able to shape the unit in a time of transformation.
What you will do:
- Estimation of test activities and definition of required deliverables adhering to defined governance models
- Planning across all test stages of the project lifecycle and obtaining appropriate levels of sign-off
- Ensuring testing is delivered to specified requirements and meets agreed time, cost, quality, TCF and compliance objectives
- Management of the test activities on a day to day basis to deliver in line with agreed project plans, provision of accurate test status updates
- Execution of test plan, monitoring progress and taking all necessary actions and escalations where appropriate
- Reporting progress at agreed intervals to the project manager
- Engaging and communicating effectively with key business and client stakeholders, whilst having the ability to apply an appropriate level of challenge to ensure positive outcome
- Risk identification, documentation and impact assessment, including action mitigation
- Defect management with appropriate levels of stakeholder communication
- Identifying potential improvements as part of a wider Test Competency
Your experience will include:
- Proven test lead track record in a delivery environment, with solid experience of the full project lifecycle
- Worked within a project services/IT environment delivering change and/or transformation projects
- Must be able to lead, motivate and manage test teams, encourages development of others through knowledge sharing must be a team player who is a positive contributor and takes pride in helping the team to deliver
- Familiar with test management tools such as HP Quality Centre and other industry standard tools
- Apply a flexible test approach to successfully deliver to tight deadlines or changing scope
- Ability to prioritise and multi task in a challenging working environment with excellent organisational skills
- Able to demonstrate effective and productive stakeholder management both internally at all levels and with third parties having a professional approach and manner with an aptitude to learn and can operate effectively in a commercial environment
About Capita Life, Pensions & Specialist
At Capita Life, Pensions & Specialist, we work in partnership with over 20 well known UK and international financial services providers to administer life, savings and pensions policies on their behalf. We're able to deliver complex processing while maintaining quality, and provide a wide range of services including underwriting, back office administration, claims management and technical support. We work with a number of notable clients such as Sun Life, Abbeylife and Royal London. You could too, if you join our talented financial services team here.
Life, Pensions & Specialist are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday (rising with service), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact Liz.Hudson@capita.co.uk for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |