- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 287376
Senior GIS Consultant
CAPITA is looking for a Senior GIS consultant to join our Water and Environment team and to support our wider Infrastructure projects division out of our London Gresham Street offices. As a Senior GIS consultant, we are looking for you to lead and grow our small team of GIS dedicated staff as well as work with wider GIS literate co-workers to deliver a range of water and environment projects. As a Senior GIS consultant yo,u will support the technical development of junior GIS staff and your role may include providing general GIS training to the wider team.
Location: This role can be based out of any of our Water and Environment division offices including; East Grinstead, Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester, Peterborough and London.
- We currently primarily use QGIS or our day to day work but maintain a small number of ArcGIS and MapInfo licenses for selected tasks. Part of your remit as Senior GIS consultant will be supporting our future planning, procurement and embedding of suitable systems to support the wider team going forward.
- You will be a source of innovation and will support the introduction of GIS and automation of tasks to improve project delivery and quality across a range of water and environmental disciplines (EIA, Ecology, Engineering, Hydrology, Hydraulic Modelling, Asset Management etc.).
- In addition to using GIS to support our delivery of wider water and environment projects, you will have the opportunity to explore new uses of spatial analysis to develop a more robust evidence base for a range of land use assessments.
- Our team work as a national unit therefore excellent communication skills (often remotely) is paramount to successful delivery. Occasional travel to other offices may be required to support project delivery and training.
- As the successful candidate, you will hold a BSc (2:1) or MSc (preferable) qualification in GIS or a related field such as Engineering, Earth Science, Environment Science, Geography, or Water.
- Extensive experience of both ESRI and QGIS.
- Consultancy/Professional environment experience (ideally, five years plus experience).
- Fellowship of Royal Geographical Society/Chartered Geographer (GIS) or sufficient experience and interest in obtaining chartership is desirable.
- Experience in MapInfo would be beneficial but not essential.
- Experience in providing formal and informal training in GIS is desirable.
About: Water & Environment/Flood Risk
The Capita infrastructure division delivers projects in the UK and across the globe. We have successfully delivered many high profile projects including the award-winning Newhaven Flood Alleviation Scheme, Dalmuir Wastewater Treatment Works in Scotland and the £400M Shatin-Central Link Cross-Harbour Tunnels in Hong Kong.
- Salary £XX,000 - £XX,000 (depending upon experience)
- Contractual working hours 37.5 per week
- Annual leave-25 days (plus statutory)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Voluntary Benefit Options, including; employer childcare scheme, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more
The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within Capita including support for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications. Access too many Capita Group benefits including one relevant professional subscriptions paid for, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, various private insurance schemes available.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
“Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership”
Listen | Create | Deliver
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.