- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 81147
We're looking for a Supply Chain Delivery Manager to join us in Edinburgh or Manchester
- If you're curious about the technology world and want to help drive change in how we engage with our customers, this role could provide the perfect platform
- We're looking for a motivated and organised supply chain professional to join our Supply Chain Services function
- You'll procure and manage the services of suppliers who will radically change our Networks & IT Security function, and so change the way we do business and serve our customers
What you'll do
You'll join a team tasked with agreeing and executing our strategy for procuring and managing third party infrastructure hardware, software and services contracts. The suppliers providing these services will be large, multi-national companies that provide technology infrastructure and services to RBS.
We'll look to you to negotiate supplier contracts that meet the needs of RBS Technology at a commercial cost and within the bank’s risk appetite. You'll also develop and use strong networks across the supply market, as well as provide useful business insight and innovative supply chain solutions for the bank.
Day-to-day, you'll also be:
- Supporting the development of the bank's supply base, including ownership and management of key suppliers
- Delivering robust commercial deals for the bank, making sure risk is managed effectively while bearing in mind the overall strategy
- Working in an agile way, switching between categories to meet business demands
- Contributing to the overall reduction of the bank's cost base, leading to the bank meeting its objective of improving the customer experience
- Implementing and supporting supply chain strategies within your team's remit, making sure the team is managing the timely execution of the bank's contract pipeline
- Delivering specific technology development projects in collaboration with stakeholders, ensuring the team delivers on time and with excellent stakeholder results
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need strong commercial acumen and experience of negotiating with suppliers. You’ll also have supply market knowledge across a variety of spend categories and have a detailed understanding of the complex technology environments. Networks and security infrastructure experience would be a significant advantage.
We'll be looking for you to have a degree and possibly hold a relevant professional qualification, such as CIPS or equivalent. Stakeholder management and communication skills are also essential.
As well as this, you'll need:
- Experience in supply chain techniques including category management, contract negotiation and management, supplier selection and performance management
- Knowledge of contract law and legal knowledge relevant to supply chain
- A good understanding of IT infrastructure environments including networks and security
- The ability to articulate and implement a supply chain strategy that meets the needs of a business
- Experience leading and managing strategic and business critical supplier relationships and contracts
- Experience of cost and financial management
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.