- Sector: Executive and Management
- Location: Dornoch
- Up to £29,500 per annum, DACIC runs a workplace pension scheme with 3% employers contribution on earnings over £6,032
- Hours: Full Time Contract
- Contact: Joan Bishop
- Reference: CDM2018
The Dornoch Area Community Interest Company (DACIC) has secured funding from Beatrice Offshore Windfarm Ltd and Dornoch Common Good Fund to employ a Community Development Manager.
This is a two year, full-time contract to manage the implementation of two new asset-based projects, one of which is a conversion of the Police Station into a business and creative hub and the second Project Curlew a multi-purpose new build venue and curling rink. The CDM will also be required to carry out any other tasks relevant to the DACIC board.
Specifically, the CDM is required to source funding for the renovation of the Police Station (£350k) and for the new build (estimated cost £2.5-£3m). This will require a range of financial solutions which may include grant applications, loans, crowdfunding, community shares, private and business sponsorship.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in community development and a good track record of securing substantial funding from a range of sources. The voluntary board of DACIC has a clear vision for the future direction of the social enterprise and requires a manager to realise the potential and lead the organisation on its exciting path to deliver sustainable benefits to the community.
Dornoch is an historic Royal Burgh in the Scottish Highlands with 13th-century Cathedral, Castle, Jail & Courthouse in golden sandstone, nestled around the green and Square, where summer markets are held and the Pipe Band marches on Saturday evenings. Royal Dornoch Championship Golf Course is rated #2 in the World by Golf Digest and tourism is the main industry. Since 2013, DACIC has worked with the local Business Group to develop and promote events to extend the visitor season and enhance the visitor experience.
Community Development Manager (CDM)
The CDM will be line managed by the Chair and Company Secretary of DACIC and will report to monthly board meetings (held 7-9pm).
- Proven experience in community development
- Track record of successful and significant fund raising
- Good networking skills
- Knowledge of community funding landscape
- Business Management experience
- Social Enterprise experience
- Financial acumen with the ability to understand accounts and spreadsheets
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Project management experience
- Leadership skills
- Dedicated to achieving success
- Experience in a range of financial options
- Social Enterprise Loans
- Community Shares
- Private & Public sponsorship
- Grant funding
- Project funding
- Ideas generator
- Contract experience
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.