- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 81032
Join us as a Senior Data & Analytics Analyst in Edinburgh
- You'll join us in Functions & Services Analytics within Data & Analytics
- We're fully dedicated to mapping a career path that works for you with a focus on helping you gain new experience, learn new tools and, if desired, get to the next level
- You'll be able to create valuable networks as you build, manage and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders from across Functions and Services
What you'll do
In this hands on role, you'll be analysing Functions and Services data - to identify business issues and opportunities, supporting the delivery of high quality transformative business solutions. As your skills increase, the scale, complexity and criticality or the number of projects you support will increase.
You'll also be:
- Supporting and contributing to the delivery of complex solutions through high quality analytics projects which support the development and implementation of innovative processes and problem resolution
- Capturing, validating and documenting business and data requirements ensuring they're in line with key strategic principles
- Interrogating, interpreting and visualising large volumes of data to identify, support and challenge business opportunities
- Conducting and supporting options analysis, identifying the most appropriate solution
- Articulating full traceability and linkage of business requirements of analytics outputs
- Seeking opportunities to challenge and improve current business processes ensuring the best result for the customer
- Executing quality assurance at various stages of the project in order to validate the analysis and to ensure data quality, identifying data inconsistencies and resolving them as needed
- Building, managing and maintaining positive working relationships with stakeholders from across Functions & Services Analytics and with peers from across the Data & Analytics community
- Managing and prioritising your own work stack and allocated project elements, to ensure high quality work is delivered on time and meets stakeholder expectations
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with knowledge or awareness of business analysis tools and techniques, including Teradata, Hadoop, SAS and Visual Analytics.
We're also looking for someone who can show:
- Advanced knowledge of SAS data-mining and statistical models (e.g. SAS/STAT, Enterprise Miner) and other best in class emerging analytics applications
- Data modeling and data warehousing using Teradata, Hadoop, and Sas DI Studio
- Experience in data science techniques such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Assisted learning and Text mining
- An ability to interact successfully across the business with key stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong quantitative analysis skills, with the ability to manage and interpret large quantities of data
- Experience in a project management or change environment
- Stakeholder management abilities
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.