- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 83504
Join us in Belfast as an Internal Ratings Based Modelling Senior Analyst
- This is an great opportunity to be part of a highly specialised team focused on developing regulatory compliant Credit Risk Internal Ratings Based (IRB) models for retail portfolios
- You'll work in Credit IRB modelling, within Financial Risk & Analytics, and you'll have the opportunity to build and develop your statistical modelling skills and further your career as you get involved in a range of projects
- You'll learn about new industry regulations specific to modelling and new coding languages such as Python, and you'll lead key projects which will give depth and variety to your development
- You'll be joining a diverse team with a supportive and collaborative culture and you'll be well positioned to raise your profile, with the chance to collaborate with highly skilled colleagues across the risk community
What you'll do
In this role, you'll be working with the bank's IRB model team, developing new, and maintaining existing, models used in the bank’s credit risk framework. These models will be specifically based around the bank's retail and SME products, and will comply with new regulations from both the UK and European regulators. There are a key set of models for PD, EAD and LGD metrics, the outputs of which determine the banks’s Credit Risk RWAs, and a material part of the bank’s capital requirements.
Your role will also involve:
- Developing and maintaining a suite of robust, effective and compliant statistical IRB models producing measures of PD, EAD and LGD
- Assisting with the review of the model proposals developed by the team as they pass through phases of review by other functions
- Utilising new advanced analytical tools hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Producing clear and well presented analysis and actionable MI covering all aspects of risk model performance
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure the effective delivery of projects
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role you'll need at least an undergraduate degree in a numerical related discipline that deals with statistical concepts. You'll be able to draw on your experience of risk systems, methodologies and processes in a retail and commercial bank environment, and pair this with your experience in data driven analysis and statistical and mathematical modelling. Previous experience in data driven analysis, with experience of scorecard development or statistical and mathematical modelling would be ideal, along with experience using SAS, SQL, Python or similar programming languages.
We'll also be looking for:
- An understanding of statistical techniques, modelling tools and how they are applied appropriately for the benefit of the bank and its customers
- Knowledge of credit modelling, scorecard development and model monitoring
- A collaborative approach in order to plan and organise workloads to meet agreed targets
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to discuss complex analytical ideas with non-technical colleagues in a meaningful way
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Ulster Bank, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.