- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Risk Management
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 84135
Join us in Edinburgh, Manchester, London or Birmingham as an Innovation Risk Oversight Manager
- This role will see you sitting within the wider functionalised Operational Risk Management team, overseeing the most material operational risks faced by the bank
- You'll help to articulate innovation’s impact to the bank-wide risk profile in the context of both cumulative innovation impact and individual innovation initiatives
- You'll develop and maintain an adequate and effective operational risk framework for innovation, working in collaboration with relevant framework owners
- We offer a range of flexible working options as part of this role
What you'll do
We'll look to you to gather knowledge and build actionable insights around the impact of both cumulative and individual innovation initiatives to bank-wide, franchise and functional risk profiles. You'll contribute to reporting, and producing briefing notes and independent insights into current and horizon impacts of innovation initiatives, and emerging technologies on the bank’s current risk profile.
- Provide a clear innovation perspective on the bank’s risk reporting
- Contribute to the review and challenge the current risk management framework in the context of innovation, working in collaboration with relevant senior management and policy owners
- Support the definition, delivery and maintenance of an enhanced and effective pan-risk framework for innovation initiatives, including but not limited to risk identification, appetite and metrics, policy and governance
- Ensure ongoing adequacy of pan-risk governance, systems and controls on innovation initiatives from a risk appetite perspective, whilst recognising the need for pace and an agile approach
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the regulatory landscape in respect of innovation
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience in financial services, and an understanding of relevant regulatory frameworks and the regulatory landscape in respect of innovation. You'll also have experience of agile project management methodologies, and knowledge of relevant operational risk frameworks.
You'll also need:
- Experience with the oversight of projects, ideally related to transformation innovation
- An awareness of emerging technology, the FinTech environment, and associated risks
- The ability to manage and influence stakeholders across all areas of the business, and consistently exercise sound and decisive judgement
- The ability to articulate innovative solutions where established procedures may not exist
- A commitment to personal development and a keen desire to support the learning of others
- A flexible and dynamic approach, and the ability to work collaboratively and to tight deadlines
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.