- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 81982
Join us as a Senior Auditor in Edinburgh
- Joining us as a Senior Auditor in our Internal Audit function will position you in a highly visible part of the bank, and give you the opportunity to gain a great insight into how we work
- You’ll be supporting the delivery of Audit Engagements within the Ring Fence Franchise audit team, including Personal & Business Banking, Commercial & Private Banking and RBS International businesses
What you'll do
This important role will place you at the heart of the bank’s third line of defense, providing independent, objective testing and assurance. You'll work with the Audit Manager and business stakeholders to assist in scoping out audits, developing your understanding of the business’s key risks and controls and support the formulation of an appropriate and robust testing plan, before contributing as part of the engagement team in its execution.
You'll succeed in this role by:
- Delivering elements of a regular or complex engagement for the Audit Manager
- Contributing to assurance planning and undertake effective process mapping
- Providing independent engagement assurance by undertaking allocated tasks within the engagement life cycle
- Delivering quality, efficient and effective assurance and influence business managers to improve controls
- Assessing risks and controls and undertake testing effectively
- Occasionally lead engagements, driving the delivery of efficient and effective assurance
- Setting standards for rigor and efficiency, and making sure that resources are allocated flexibly and effectively within your portfolio
- Contributing to high quality and impactful written engagement reports produced by your team, and providing the business leaders with advice on prudent risk management
- Building credibility and trust with business stakeholders to enhance Internal Audit's reputation as an objective and trustworthy business partner
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for a strong, established internal auditor or outstanding risk manager, with a thorough grounding in risk management principles and an investigative approach. Candidates with experience in Risk, Control and or Assurance experience within the Ring Fence franchise areas would also be considered. A professional qualification such as a professional accounting qualification (CA, ACCA) or a recognised internal audit qualification such as "Certified Internal Auditor" (CIA) would be desirable.
You’ll also need
- To demonstrate how you’ve successfully contributed as part of a team in delivering complex projects (audit or otherwise) assisting in keeping a firm hand on budget, schedule and quality
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills, and to be confident and clear when you need to challenge or influence
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.