- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 287954
An opportunity has arisen to appoint an Infrastructure Engineer within our multi-discipline civil engineering Team based in Glasgow. The main purpose of this role will be to support the Principal Infrastructure Engineer by taking a lead role on Highways Design projects and supporting generally across drainage, flood alleviation, general Civils and CDM-C projects from Feasibility through to Implementation Stages.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will play a lead role in developing and growing our local Highway Design capabilities to successfully deliver our exciting forward programme of Infrastructure Projects.
This role will be based in our offices in Glasgow. However, travelling may be required to other Capita offices or Client offices.
- Have BSc/BEng in Civil Engineering or equivalent with over 5 years experience in a leading design role.
- Have as a minimum ICE Incorporated Engineer status (IEng) or be committed to achieve this within 12 months of appointment. Ideally the candidate would be Chartered Status through ICE or CIHT.
- Be experienced user of Windes drainage modelling design software and Highway Alignment design software (eg 3D Civils or MX).
- Be experienced in working with Developers and Local/Water Authorities on Highway/Drainage adoption and approval processes.
- Carry out the Project Management role to lead on the successful delivery a range of projects. This will include responsibility for programming (using Mirosoft Project), resource management and team building.
- Be AutoCAD proficient and experienced in overall highway/drainage design and detailing requirements.
- Be flexible to work across the full range of Civils Design areas and adopt an integrated approach with our Operations colleagues through Early Contractor Involvement during design and working together during the site works.
- Have a good working knowledge of DMRB and current drainage design standards and procedures.
- Have excellent working knowledge of NEC3 contract development and administration/delivery.
- Have good presentation and communication skills.
- Have experience of complying with Designers Duties under CDM and also acting in an Assistant role on specific CDM-C commissions.
- Have good report writing skills.
- Have working knowledge of Contract preparation, with particular emphasis in the widely used NEC3 contract.
As part of our partnership objectives in line with our values, we ask all our staff to:
- Lead by example;
- Encourage, nurture and mentor junior members of staff;
- Be open and honest;
- Demonstrate respect for colleagues and a strong team working ethic;
- Demonstrate a sense of pride in a job well done; and
- Focus on solutions rather than problems.
- 37.5 hours a week
- Annual leave - negotiable, but typically 20 days
- The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within Capita including support for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications.
- Access to many Capita Group benefits including one relevant professional subscriptions paid for, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, various private insurance schemes available.