- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 287960
An opportunity has arisen to appoint an Engineering Technician within our multi-discipline civil engineering Team based in Glasgow. The main purpose of this role will be to support the Principal Infrastructure Engineer by taking a lead role on Highways Design projects and supporting generally across drainage, flood alleviation, general Civils and CDM-C projects from Feasibility through to Implementation Stages. There may be a requirement to assist the Principal Structures Engineer (team) in delivery of Highways Structtures projects from time to time.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will play a lead role in developing and growing our local civil engineering design capabilities to successfully deliver our exciting forward programme of Infrastructure Projects.
This role will be based in our offices in Glasgow. However, travelling may be required to other Capita offices or Client offices.
- Have ONC/HNC in Civil Engineering or equivalent with over 3 years experience in design related role.
- Have as a minimum ICE/CIHT (EngTECH) status or be committed to achieve this within 12 months of appointment.
- Be experienced user of AutoCAD software and ideally 3D Civils. in overall highway/drainage design and detailing requirements.
- Be experienced in collecting NRSWA related information for projects.
- Be flexible to work across the full range of Civils Design areas and adopt an integrated approach with colleagues during design stages working together during delivery of our services.
- Have a good working knowledge of DMRB standards and procedures.
- Have an awareness of NEC3 contract development and administration/delivery.
- Have good presentation and communication skills.
- Have experience of complying with Designers Duties under CDM and also acting in an Assistant role on specific CDM-C commissions.
- Have good report writing skills.
- Have working knowledge of Contract preparation, with particular emphasis in the widely used NEC3 contract.
As part of our partnership objectives in line with our values, we ask all our staff to:
- Lead by example;
- Be open and honest;
- Demonstrate respect for colleagues and a strong team working ethic;
- Demonstrate a sense of pride in a job well done; and
- Focus on solutions rather than problems.
- 37.5 hours a week
- Annual leave - negotiable, but typically 25 days
- The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within Capita including support for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications.
- Access to many Capita Group benefits including one relevant professional subscriptions paid for, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, various private insurance schemes available.