- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 82673
We're looking for an Analyst to join the Capital Analytics team
- This is an intellectually challenging role spanning across the entirety of our business, giving you the chance to help guide the bank in the right direction
- Your high profile work will uncover vulnerabilities in our capital adequacy on both a local and business-wide basis
- You'll gain a deep knowledge of stress testing and capital adequacy assessment, and broad exposure across our businesses and products
What you'll do
As part of the Capital Analytics team you will support deep dive reviews of portfolios, assets and models, assessing capital adequacy under various scenarios, and identifying vulnerabilities in our profit and loss and balance sheets. You will also support review and challenge of the bank’s capital risk appetite, capital plan and strategy, and provide oversight to the bank’s ICAAP and Recovery Plan.
You'll achieve success in this role by:
- Working with stakeholders in Risk, Finance and in the franchises to drive delivery, and challenge our methodologies and assumptions,as well as the outcomes and implications of results
- Providing independent review and challenge to stress testing results, focusing on their overall credibility, and comparing results and across and within different scenarios
- Preparing high quality analysis and reports for senior management on our underlying risks
- Following industry trends to inform and deepen your understanding of credit capital risk
The skills you'll need
This is highly analytical work, and we're looking for someone with an educational and career track record that shows you're up to the task. You'll ideally have an undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics or Physics, while a good understanding of the Basel II and III framework and a broad understanding of accounting frameworks would also be valuable.
We'll also expect:
- Experience in stress testing, ICAAP, or capital management and planning
- Experience in risk management or in a banking environment
- A good understanding of a banking balance sheet and P&L
- Experience in producing high quality documentation and output
- Good communication skills and experience of delivering high quality reports
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.