- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Customer Service
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 71941
We're hiring a Directory Services Specialist to join us in Edinburgh
- This is a chance for an experienced directory services specialist to join our platform team in Hosting Services, taking on a technical lead role
- You’ll be a key member of the team responsible for delivery and support of the Banks complex Directory Services infrastructure and services
- It’s an opportunity to deliver high quality service, and to help define and drive the directory platform's future direction
- As part of the role you’ll provide 24 hour platform support seven days a week, working on a rota basis
What you'll do
You'll be acting as a technical lead supporting the Directory Services platform. You'll provide experienced subject matter expertise in directory technologies, and will play a key role in a shaping a future fit platform suitable for 2020 and beyond.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical leadership and consultancy for the Directory Services platform, including working with engineering teams, transformation and delivery programmes and projects
- Identifying and driving team initiatives to enhance the platform and processes
- Providing expert support for complex incident and recovery scenarios
The skills you'll need
The nature of the role means we're looking for someone with a blend of strong technical and interpersonal skills. You’ll have expert knowledge of directory services platforms and technologies, with the ability to effectively collaborate in designing, deploying and maintaining the platform You'll also be delivery focused, with a history of defining and driving pieces of work from conception to completion.
In terms of technical knowledge, we'll be looking for:
- Experience of Microsoft Active Directory (2003, 2012R2, 2016) in a large scale highly complex global environment, as well as DNS, Active Directory Federation Services, Azure Active Directory Connect and Azure Active Directory
- Detailed knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Experience using Ping products, especially Ping Identity Store and other LDAP technologies such as Sun Directory Server
- Good knowledge of the Quest Product suite relating to Directory technology, including Change Auditor, Self Service Password Manager, Authentication Services, GPO Admin and Recovery Manager for Active Directory (forest edition)
A good understanding PowerShell scripting and automation techniques would also be beneficial.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.