- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Financial Advice
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 82129
Join us as an Administration Assistant in Edinburgh
- This is an opportunity to take on a role with great learning potential in our External Reporting team in the Financial Control and Reporting Department
- While relevant experience would be beneficial, we're more interested in finding someone with strong IT skills and a keen interest in working in our finance department
- This role is available for a six month period
What you'll do
Financial Reporting is a small team responsible for ensuring that the bank meets its external financial reporting obligations. This involves working closely with other parts of Finance, Strategy, Risk Management, Secretariat and Communications, as well as with external auditors and advisors.
In this role you'll be playing an important part in the report production process. Your responsibilities will include:
- Production of the quarterly company announcements, using a software called Financial Statement Reporting, for which full training will be provided
- Production of RBS Board and Audit Committee papers including coordinating document printing with the printing team
- Other miscellaneous document production
The skills you'll need
We're looking for an enthusiastic team player to become an integral part of the team. You'll need excellent Word and Excel skills, and the ability to work under pressure at peak times of reporting.
While relevant experience would be beneficial, we are much more interested in finding someone with strong IT skills and the enthusiasm to develop your knowledge and understanding in finance.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- A keen eye for detail, consistency and accuracy in your work
- The ability use formatting including the creation and manipulation of tables in Word and Excel
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A logical approach to problem solving
- The confidence and ability to use own initiative and the enthusiasm to learn new things
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.