- Sector: Transport, Logistics and Distribution
- Location: Blantyre
- From £14.16 per hour
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 8758
Our Blantyre depot are looking for a Rota Shift Engineer to join the Engineering Team in consistently providing high quality vehicle repairs and maintenance to ensure maximum service output is provided for the benefit of our customers.
The role of Rota Shift Engineer will be to diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement in accordance with our standard operating procedures.
Technical Knowledge and Training
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level I & 2)
- To be fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle systems including engines, automatic/semi-automatic gearboxes, drive trains, compressed air systems, hydraulic systems, braking systems, steering systems, suspension systems, cooling systems and basic auto electrics
- To be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment including brake rolling road testers, tracking gauges, hydraulic vehicle lifts, pressurised oil and waste systems, battery chargers and starters, trolley jacks, scaffolding, pressure wash and automatic washing equipment, digital smoke readers, headlamp alignment testers, hydraulic jacks and testing equipment, drilling machines, torque wrenches, pedestal grinders and general portable equipment (i.e. air guns, drills, electric and pneumatic hand tools etc..)
- To be fully familiar with all relevant diagnostic equipment including hydraulic flow meters, air and vacuum gauges, multi meters, temperature gauges, micrometers, Vernier gauges, engine and gearbox laptop testing equipment
- To have basic skills in gas and electric welding, burning, and basic body repairs
- To attend vehicle manufacturer product training courses, VOSA vehicle inspection training and specialist vehicle recovery training as required, this may involve an overnight stay
- Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- Discounted travel for you and your family on the trains (GWR, TPE, Hull Trains) and your family & friends will also benefit from cheap bus travel.
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme.
One of Britain's largest bus operators, we connect communities and help people to go to school, work and the shops. Every single day around 1.6 million passengers get on board our 6,400 buses. It's why we're so passionate about providing services that are reliable, punctual and offer good value for money. We're also proud to be part of the FirstGroup family that's based all around the world from the UK and Ireland to the USA, Canada and Mexico.
Rota Shift Engineer
Hours per week: 37 hours per week
Rate of Pay: £14.16 per hour
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.