- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: HOT05TY4
The stories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian.
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, known locally as the Caley, was built in 1903 and is one of Edinburgh's most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the West End of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle and its reputation for style and excellence has attracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundred years.
Click on the link to view our hotel video
Why join the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian as a Sales Coordinator?
- Personal Development programmes for every level
- Working in an environment where creativity is highly appreciated
- Yearly team outings
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries and 50% Food & Beverage discounts
- Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
What will I be doing?
To support the proactive sales team on property to sourcing new leads & business opportunities. Responding to RFP's, Support rate loading, loading all Global Booking Logs to the regions. Assistance with the organisation of Fam trips, Key projects and Initiatives supporting all sales Blitz's i.e. IWOS & GWOS. Reporting directly to the Director of Sales.
- Prospect for new leads using smart technology, online tools like Linkedin Sales Navigator.
- Research, deliver market intelligence and new business updates using Google Alerts and Travel click.
- Assisting with BBOB (Bring back business on the books) action
- Assist with securing client site visits and client appointments for the sales team.
- Support key prospecting projects identified by the sales team.
- Support in conversion days and join the sales team in support of focused sales activity weeks.
- Submit corporate rates, load SRP's and submit amendments through OnqSM as directed by the team and within the deadlines set out
- Do regular corporate rate checks to ensure they are loaded and bookable
- Complete month end or Weekly reports
- Support and co-ordination of Key customer Events and Fam Trips
- Complete contracting on behalf of team as required
- Prepare Brochure packs and giveaways as needed
- Look after all Systems as appropriate and become proficient in the use of these systems including the following - ONQ PM, ONQ PMS & Delphi FDC, Lanyon or any other relevant system
- Support the sales team with admin tasks (emails, reports, database management travel arrangements)
What are we looking for?
- Professional approach, impeccable image and well-groomed at all times;
- Friendly behaviour, positive and enthusiastic attitude with strong customer focus and able to work independently
- Honesty, integrity, passion for hard work and achieving results and successful outcomes
- Demonstrated self-starter, with excellent attention to detail
Experiences & Qualifications
- Business or Hospitality Degree
- Previous experience within hotel or travel agency industry
- Proven experience of working to and understanding market trends and Hotel plans and strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. A second language desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrates a strong commercial awareness, able to adapt to changing priorities with key judgement and decision making skills
- Excellent telephone manner and the confidence to control calls to achieve maximum results
- Strong team player
- Results orientated and target drive
- Can handle more than one project/situation at a time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to customers at all levels, and willing to ‘travel that extra mile' to achieve a sale
- Ability to respond quickly and positively to changing requirements and business needs
- Ability to work under pressure and complete work to the required standard within the deadlines agreed
We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel.
Check Out Similar Jobs