- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 82268
Join us as Senior Auditor, Payments in Edinburgh
- This is a chance to join an industry leading audit function within a large and complex financial services organisation
- You’ll be delivering elements of a regular or complex engagement within the Payments Applications and Operations team in accordance with the IA Methodology
- You'll gain exposure to senior business and internal audit stakeholders in this high impact role
What you'll do
You'll contribute to independent engagement assurance by undertaking allocated tasks within the engagement life cycle, providing quality, efficient and effective assurance and influencing business managers to improve controls. You’ll also engage with business stakeholders to gain an understanding of key business risks to inform the Payments applications technology and operations risk assessment and audit plan.
You'll also be:
- Delivering elements of a regular or complex engagement within Payments applications and operations team under the direction of the Audit Manager, in accordance with the IA Methodology
- Contributing to assurance planning and undertake effective process mapping
- Assessing risks and controls and undertake testing effectively
- Documenting audit test work papers to a high standard embracing the ‘right first time’ principle and mitigate audit risk
- Effectively coaching auditors when requested, supporting them to realise their potential on the engagement
- Identifying and effectively managing and escalating conduct risks to deliver key customer outcomes
- Acting on behalf of the Board and the Executive to provide independent assurance over the key risks to the Organisation, which includes an assessment of material elements of the control framework
The skills you'll need
We're looking for Auditors with experience in performing internal audits, particularly IT Audits. Additional experience in Data Analytics or Information Security would be an added advantage. A Certified Internal Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) would be beneficial, and it's preferred for you to have knowledge of risks relating to financial services.
You'll also need:
- An ability to manage your own time and deliver to budget
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.