- Sector: Charity
- Location: Fort William
- £22,000 to £23,500 per annum, 8% pension contribution
- Hours: Full Time Contract
- Contact: Zach Wishart
- Reference: CCF-EDO
Lochaber Environmental Group are looking for an Environmental Development Officer to join the Go, Grow and Glow project, working on a variety of initiatives in the Lochaber area. These include cycling development and maintenance classes, home and renewable energy advice, composting and growing classes, and a program of school visits. The job is based at the Voluntary Action Lochaber Office in Claggan, Fort William.
Closing date 21st December, interviews to be held in early January at our offices in Fort William
The role and project runs until March 2020.
The job is 35 hours per week, with occasional weekend or evening work required.
This role is part of a Climate Challenge Fund project, supported by the Scottish Government through Keep Scotland Beautiful.
The post holder is required to:
· Promote and run cycling and bike repair classes, partly through supporting training and management of volunteers to repair and rehome bikes.
· Strengthen community engagement activities and increase participation in active travel
· Continue an existing programme of school visits across Lochaber
· Organise and publicise Electric Vehicle event & fuel efficient driving training in the area.
Work in partnership alongside the other Officers, supporting and assisting when required in delivering all aspects of the project and in running the organisation.
Knowledge, Training and Experience required for the role:
• A demonstrable interest in environmental matters.
• A Knowledge of cycling/bike repair/active travel either personally or in a community engagement role.
• Ability to work with people as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Proficient in use of basic software systems (Excel and Word)
• Strong internal organisational and team working skills
• Access to a vehicle for business purposes.
For a full job description and application form please contact the LEG office on 01397 700090 or email .
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.