- Contact: Esther Briers
24 hours per week, over 3 or 4 days, Salary: £10 per hour, £12,480 per annum.
Charity No. SC 000879, Company No. SC 298849
Lochaber Sensory Care (LSC), has been providing support to those with a hearing loss throughout Lochaber for over 30 years, and since 2013 has been developing services to also assist those with sight loss.
LSC currently has a small team of 2 employees, and 9 volunteers, providing a variety of support to over 1000 sensory impaired individuals within Lochaber. LSC is continuing to expand and develop services throughout Lochaber, and an exciting opportunity to be a part of that has become available. We are looking to recruit an Assistant Manager to join team in the Sensory Centre in Caol.
- Assist the General Manager with day-to-day tasks and administration
- Assisting the Manager to deliver the agreed operational plan
- Fill in for absent employees/volunteers as required, this require being trained to a higher level than Volunteers,
- Promoting the charity and its services through media platforms, events and within local and national groups and organisations
- Assisting with organising and running LSC’s active Social Group
- Completing fundraising applications, and funding reports
- Assisting to organise fundraising events and activities
- Attend meetings, locally and in Inverness, to report to the Board of Directors
- Take and produce minutes of Meetings
- Manage own assigned projects, and co-ordinate volunteers to assist
LSC pride themselves on providing a high quality service, in a friendly, efficient manner, with a good sense of humour, and always going the extra mile for our service users. No experience of working with individuals with a hearing or sight loss is necessary, as full training will be given. However successful applicants must:
- Be willing to attend training courses, which could involve overnight stays
- Hold a full driving licence, and have access to own vehicle
- Have excellent administration skills, including letter and report writing
- Pay attention to detail, and take pride in working to a high standard
- Excellent IT Skills
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Enjoy working with older people
- Have a polite and friendly telephone manner
- Value patience, kindness, openness, and honesty
It would also be desirable that you have experience working with Volunteers.
For more information or to apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to the attention of the Manager at:
Lochaber Sensory Care, Caol Shopping Centre, Caol, Fort William, PH33 7DR
Or by email:
Closing date for applications is Monday 31st December, and interviews will take place on Friday 11th January 2019, with the successful applicant starting as soon as possible.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.