- Location: Killin
- £28,050 to £37,010 per annum, Band 6
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: SAS00540
The Enabling Technology Programme is one of three strategic programmes within the Scottish Ambulance Service. These programmes are responsible for making the changes required to deliver the Service Strategic Framework - Towards 2020: Taking Care to the Patient.
Enabling Technology is a multi-disciplinary programme involving areas including ICT, Operations, Procurement, Fleet, Clinical and Finance. It involves the delivery of solutions to replace and enhance the technical and fleet solutions that support the Service in delivering the aims of the 2020 strategy: Towards 2020: Taking Care to the Patient. The Enabling Technology Programme consists of a number of projects and sub-programmes including:
• Ambulance Telehealth Programme
• Fleet projects
• eHealth Strategy projects
• Future Mobile Communications Programme
• Defibrillator Replacement Project
It is envisaged that these will be added to as the Service moves towards 2020.
In order to minimise risk and maximise the possibility of successful delivery, we are now recruiting an experienced Senior Project Officer. The successful candidate will report to the ICT Project Manager and will be responsible for assisting the project managers in the day to day management of various projects and workstreams within the Enabling Technology Programme. The initial focus will be on the Defibrillator Replacement Project which will introduce new defibrillators across the emergency ambulance fleet.
Although it is envisaged that the post will be based in the Central Belt of Scotland, this role requires travel throughout Scotland to meet the needs of the Service. As a result, there will frequently be occasions where the post-holder will have to be flexible in terms of their start time and finish time during their 37.5hr working week. Occasional overnight stays may also be required.
The responsibilities of the post are wide and varied and they include project planning, business analysis, working with stakeholders, producing relevant project documentation and attending project and programme meetings. The post-holder will play a key role throughout the Enabling Technology Programme lifecycle from planning, testing and transition through to embedding and benefits realisation.
The post involves a high degree of autonomy and unsupervised work; therefore the successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
• Significant demonstrable and relevant experience, preferably in a technical and / or ambulance service environment;
• Experience of successfully managing and delivering projects;
• A strong working knowledge of managing project / workstream interdependencies and of change management techniques;
• A proven track record in delivering to time, quality and costs constraints, augmented by ability to be creative in finding solutions to constantly challenging problems;
• Ability to work autonomously and pro-actively while managing a varied workload and prioritising conflicting demands;
• A full current driving licence is essential.
This is a fixed term/secondment opportunity which will end on the 31st March 2020.Informal Enquiries
For further information please contact Liam Coughlan, email@example.com on 07833 483879.How to Apply
To apply for this post, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button and follow the on-screen instructions. Applicants who successfully submit an application will be contacted via email regarding the outcome of their application. It is very important that you check your ‘junk’ or spam email folders as well as your email inbox.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.