- Sector: Social Services, Housing and Childcare
- Specialism: Adult Care, Adult Social Work, Child Care
- Location: Pitlochry
- £18,714 to £21,079 per annum, TAS4
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: PKC05095
Sheltered Housing Support Officer (PKC05095)
£18,714 - £21,079
James Court, Pitlochry PH16 5HE
We currently have a vacancy within our Sheltered Housing Team for a full-time Sheltered Housing Support Officer. The post would be based in James Court Sheltered Housing Complex, Pitlochry, although you may be required to work in other Sheltered Housing complexes within Perth and Kinross. The role involves providing high quality housing support to the older and, sometime vulnerable, tenants in line with Perth and Kinross Council's policies and procedures and in line with the Care Inspectorate and Scottish Social Services Council's policies, procedures and standards. You will provide practical support, assistance, advice and guidance to meet the needs of the tenants. The hours of work are 8.30am-4pm, Monday to Friday. You are required to hold a full driving licence for this post.
- hold a minimum of a SVQ level 2 in Social Services and Health Care / Health & Social Care or equivalent or be willing to work toward achieving this within 5 years of registration
- be registered with already or apply to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of commencing employment and are responsible for maintaining this membership on an ongoing basis
- Respond to tenants in a respectful and caring manner
- Communicate effectively to build relationships with tenants, their carers/families and other internal and external agencies to ensure high quality support provision
- work in a flexible way and can prioritise constant and conflicting demands
- identify problems and offers solutions
- be computer literate with proven IT skills in Microsoft Office applications and databases
- Take responsibility for yourself and others to ensure compliance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Promote positive values and anti-discriminatory, non-judgemental practice and treat colleagues and customers with dignity and respect in line with Perth and Kinross Council's Employee Code of Conduct and Scottish Social Services Council's Codes of Practice
- Behave at all times with honesty, integrity and self-respect.
For further information please contact Lorna Cassidy 01738 639307.
When completing your application for this post, please ensure you provide contact details (preferably e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Online facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross.
If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
This job may have been mainly carried out by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements irrespective of your gender.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.