- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Food and Drink Management
- Location: Edinburgh
- £7.50 to £7.83 per hour
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: HOT05WGO
Thestories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian...
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – TheCaledonian, known locally as the Caley, was built in 1903 and is one ofEdinburgh's most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the West End ofPrinces Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles in theshadow of Edinburgh Castle and its reputation for style and excellence hasattracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundredyears.
Click on to view ourhotel video
GalvinBrasserie de Luxe
Located on the ground floor ofthe hotel, Galvin Brasserie de Luxe is a slice of Paris in the heart ofEdinburgh, featuring classic French brasserie favourites and Scottish seasonalspecialities.
Why join theWaldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian as a Food & Beverage Host?
- It's your world– Your next role could be as a TeamLeader or Supervisor, or why not move into a different department like FrontOffice, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
- Personal Development programmes for every level
- Working in an environment where creativity ishighly appreciated
- Yearly team outings
- Do not forget a competitive starting salary
- Service charge and tips
- 28 days holidays including bank holidays(increasing yearly)
- Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
- Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights atdiscounted rates over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries and 50% Food &Beverage discount
- Industry leading benefits including contributory pensionscheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefitsthat you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
What will it be like to work for Waldorf AstoriaHotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and thepersonalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singularexperience.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treateven the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level ofcustomer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
What will I be doing?
As a Food and Beverage Host, you are responsible for seating guests and managing table set-ups to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Food and Beverage Host will also be required to work in all areas of Food and Beverage and strive to achieve departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Coordinate seating for customers
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
- Manage table set-ups
- Able to work in all areas of Food and Beverage including Bar, Restaurant, Room Service and Conference and Events
- Follow cash handling procedures
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Strive to achieve departmental targets
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Comply with local licensing laws
- Be environmentally aware
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
As a Food & Beverage Host for the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – TheCaledonian, you are responsible for overseeing your department to deliveran excellent Guest and Team Member experience in accordance with the True WaldorfService Standards.
- You will be the face of the outlet, communicatingwith the kitchen and the guests alike ensuring a smooth and memorableexperience
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner,consistently demonstrating great customer service
- Able to also work in different areas of Food& Beverage including Breakfast, Bar, Restaurant, In Room Dining andConference & Events
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
- As a Food and Beverage Host you will work 5days per week, including, but not always, weekends and bank holidays.
What are we looking for?
Passion andwillingness to learn
Positive attitude and someone who makes our guestssmile
Genuinely friendly and caring
Enjoys working as part of a team
Ambitious and hard working
Good communication and excellent grooming standards
Previous Food and Beverage and/or industry experience in the luxury/full service sector
Looking forward welcoming youto our hotel.
Our teams deliver exceptional hospitality experiences to our Guests every day& their contributions are at the core of our success. We're committed tohelping our teams 'Thrive@Hilton', to ensure we're our best self, every day.
Our benefit programmes help to build a strong foundation to achieve this...
BODY - Webuild a strong foundation for health & well being...
Retirement plan, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, dentalinsurance & eye care
MIND - Weseek lifelong learning & meaningful leadership...
Childcare vouchers, CMP & CAP, AXA employee assistance programme
SPIRIT - Wedare to dream & connect with purpose...
Team member room rates globally, perks at work package
We are Hilton, We are Hospitality!
Contract - Permanent (39hrs per week)
Salary - £7.50 - £7.83 per hour + uniform, meals on duty & Hilton perks & benefits package
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we require allapplicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.Documentation will be required at interview stage
Check Out Similar Jobs