- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Hotel Management
- Location: Glencoe
- Up to £30,000 per annum, hourly pay
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: William Stewart
- Reference: Assistant Manager
Clachaig Inn is seeking to recruit an Assistant Manager to join our team here at the Clachaig Inn, right in the heart of Glencoe, Scotland’s most famous Glen.
As Assistant Manager, your primary role will be to assist the General Manager in all aspects of the day to day running of this vibrant business.
Clachaig Inn has been here for over 300 years and has a rich history as an Inn. Being one of the largest employers in the area, with up to 40 staff now employed year-round, Clachaig has won multiple awards over a period of many years for the bars and accommodation. The business has been under the same family ownership for well over 3 decades, and is particularly proud of the flexible and easy going, yet professional approach to running the inn. The result is a positive work environment, with a strong element of teamwork, and the feeling that you are contributing to the smooth running of a successful business.
Glencoe is perhaps Scotland’s most famous glen. You will either already live in the area, or posess a desire to live and work in this stunning area of the Highlands, with at least a medium-term commitment.
This role would suit someone looking to further progress their career in hospitality management, with previous reception, front of house experience. You will need a cheery, positive can-do attitude, be an excellent communicator, good at thinking on your feet and a good multi tasker. Experience working with SuperControl, Hotel Executive or similar booking programs would be an advantage.
You will need a good understanding of all front and back of house roles.
· Provide ongoing staff training, keeping training records up to date.
· Ensure the smooth running of the Reception operations including Check-In, Check-Out, as well as maintaining the great reputation of the Inn by ensuring that all our staff maintain a friendly and professional approach during every customer interaction.
· Work directly with the Head Chef, Housekeeper and Bar Manager to facilitate the day to day running of the inn, including but not limited to rotas, stock control, cellar management and the upkeep of the bedrooms and self-catering properties.
· Manage and respond to feedback and complaints in the managers absence.
What we can offer you;
· Opportunity to live and work in one of the most spectacular settings in the Highlands.
· Sound career development and support in a busy and highly respected hospitality business.
· A highly competitive rate of pay.
What we are looking for from you;
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead and work within a team.
· Management/supervising experience from a customer focused environment.
· Experience of staff training, people management & task management.
· A track record demonstrating good organisational skills with an active hands-on approach.
· Experience of managing strategic goals.
Applications in writing with supporting CV and covering letter to The General Manager William Stewart.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.