- Sector: Social Services, Housing and Childcare
- Specialism: Child Care
- Location: Fort William
- £33,375 to £35,954 per annum, 5% unsocial hours allowance
- Hours: Full Time Temporary
- Contact: Nicola Stevenson
- Reference: REQ000747
Are you interested in a development opportunity?
Perhaps you have been working in a senior role in a residential service and want to step into senior management. Or perhaps you are a strong manager in social care who is looking to use their skills in a residential child care service? If so we would be keen to hear from you.
Aberlour has a strong reputation for supporting some of Scotland’s most vulnerable children and young people. We believe that residential child care works, and that what we do provides children with a rewarding care experience.
You will lead a team of residential workers and act as an exemplary role model, demonstrating our passion for a culture based on Respect, Integrity, Innovation and the ability to Challenge.
With access to guidance and support you will have a high level of autonomy in delivering the service.
You must be able to manage your time effectively, balancing the need for meeting the role’s management/administrative requirements with being available to join your team on a rota basis working directly with the children and young people. You will also provide on-call management cover, including direct out-of-hours interventions when required.
If you want to know more, please get in touch with Siobhan Carroll on 07772226611 for an informal conversation. This post could be operated as a secondment opportunity; however, applicants are advised to check this viability with their current employer before applying.
This post is for maternity cover and is therefore offered on a fixed term basis until January 2020. Please be advised that we have nearby accommodation for individuals willing to relocate for the duration of the contract.
If you feel you are the right person to make a positive contribution to our children and young people please go to our website: where you can apply on-line. If you have any queries please e-mail: . Applications are welcome from minority groups.
This post requires you to register with the Scottish Social Services Council as a Manager of a Residential Child Care Service and take on the duties and responsibilities of a registered manager.
You will have experience of:
• Working with vulnerable children and/or young people in a residential child care setting
• Creating and maintaining therapeutic experiences for children and young people
• Working with young people and their families
• Managing, implementing and embedding change
• Promoting a culture of continuous improvement
• Liaising with external stakeholders
• Working within regulatory requirements in a residential child care setting
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.