- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 85308
Join us as a Technical Specialist in Edinburgh
- This role will make you a technical leader in Network Services, a critical area of the bank where there is significant strategic focus
- You'll advise on and implement improvements to our existing network, and will help to shape strategy, direction and technologies for the future
- There will be a focus on simplifying our technology estate, standardising repetitive tasks and embedding automation and orchestration into platform management
What you'll do
Reporting to the Head of Data Networks in Network Services, part of Hosting Services, this key role will see you providing technical leadership and management oversight for running platform operations on day to day basis, and developing platform strategies and technology roadmaps. You'll develop and enhance our capabilities in the web application security and traffic management space, and move our platform operating model towards DevOps aligned delivery based on WOW principles.
Other key aspects of your role will include:
- Providing expertise, guidance and direction for project delivery
- Providing technical leadership and management oversight for running day to day platform activities from an incident and recovery, and change and problem management perspective
- Identifying service and cost improvement opportunities to make platform operations more efficient
- Contributing to Network Services’ budgetary submissions for lifecycle and risk, addressing activities such as Lifecycle management and the service improvement plan
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience in a similar role with senior responsibility, and extensive experience supporting Data Networks. You'll have a background of using relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service in an IT environment through continuous service improvement. You'll also bring strong, proven communication and presenting skills, and will be excited by the opportunity to continue your personal and professional development in the role.
While not essential, experience in banking and finance would be welcome, as would experience of network management and tooling, and network automation.
We'll also expect the following technical skills and knowledge:
- In-depth technical knowledge of network design principles and infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of routing and switching, including Cisco among other technologies
- Experience of designing and supporting LAN, MAN and WAN
- Knolwedge of Data network architectures, including routing protocols – OSPF and BGP – and telecommunication technologies – MPLS and VPLS
- Knowledge of Service Management disciplines such as Incident, Problem, Change IT, Continuity and Capacity
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.