- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 80106
Join us as a Data Analyst
- This is an opportunity for a driven and passionate Data Analyst to take on a role with great learning potential in our Financial Risk & Analytics (FR&A) team
- You’ll help to shape and implement the future data enablement strategy for FR&A
- You’ll have the opportunity to hone your data analysis skills by supporting a wide range of initiatives across the FR&A team with their data requirements
- You'll gain exposure to a wide range of stakeholders including senior management across Enterprise Solutions, Risk, Treasury and Finance
- You'll have a great platform to build your understanding of regulatory requirements around data management and governance
What you'll do
You'll support the execution of the FR&A data enablement strategy, delivering accessible and fit for purpose data to all FR&A staff and drive the regulatory compliance agenda focusing on requirements under BCBS239. This will involve on-going engagement with stakeholders across the bank including teams within Risk, Enterprise Solution, Finance, Treasury and Internal Audit to facilitate discussion around analytics data enablement requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Head of Data Enablement in the definition, design and delivery of the data enablement strategy for FR&A, focused on ensuring data is readily and easily available and fit for purpose;
- Supporting FR&A teams in meeting its obligations under BCBS 239 (Risk Data Aggregation and Reporting - RDAR); this includes delivering and embedding compliance for Models, Stress Testing, Economic Capital and Earnings Volatility
- Supporting change and optimisation initiatives including stress testing transformation and legal entity reporting; co-ordinating remediation and capability enhancements in order to deliver strategic, procedural and system improvements in order to deliver an effective and efficient FR&A capability
- Monitoring the progress on implementation of solutions in order to ensure change delivery on a timely manner
- Sizing existing risk issues, such as Audit, QA, or Regulatory through discussion with multiple stakeholders across franchises, Risk, Finance and Treasury
- Taking ownership of project documentation including taking minutes, setting up meetings, action tracking, engaging with stakeholders, preparing status updates and packs for senior management
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with excellent analytic and communication skills and a good understanding of finance, risk and analytics.
You'll also need:
- Strong data analysis and technical data management skills
- An understanding of data modelling and metadata management
- Exposure to one of more analytical platforms, such as SAS
- To be degree educated in a relevant discipline
- The ability to influence various internal and external stakeholders
- Project skills and the ability to learn quickly and adapt
- Some previous experience in and knowledge of the financial industry, ideally
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.