- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 84874
We're looking for a Senior Controls Manager to join us in Edinburgh
- Technology Controls Centre of Excellence is an independent and objective leadership function, supporting effective and customer focused risk based assessment and decision making in Controls
- We work closely with our internal and external stakeholders to ensure that risks are pre-emptively identified and managed in line with RBS risk appetite
- This is an excellent opportunity to join us in Technology Controls Centre of Excellence as a Technology Controls Manager within our Edinburgh based team
- As a central member of this professional team, you’ll be equally confident in providing thought leadership to key stakeholders and driving the delivery of key items within our work plan, which ultimately support the delivery of reliable technology that serves our customers well
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for driving how we partner with senior stakeholders, operational and change teams and your colleagues in Technology Controls Centre of Excellence. You'll shape, influence and challenge the control solutions adopted as part of our domain-led model, such that they are effective and aligned to our Agile ways of working.
Your role will also involve:
- Coaching the domains to ensure i) appropriate risk identification and assessment is undertaken; and ii) that appropriate controls are incorporated to underpin the sustainable delivery of reliable technology
- Leading technology risk and control assessment activity incorporating both technical and process based reviews
- Undertaking ad-hoc reviews, or recommending the most appropriate course of action, in respect of specific subjects of focus, with an ability to synthesise the outputs in a manner that is impactful with senior stakeholders
- Role-modelling a flexible approach and mindset, focused on meeting the needs of our customers, with an outcome focus and clear ability to develop pragmatic solutions and think outside the ‘risk process’
We have a full and challenging work plan which will provide you with professional stretch and the opportunity to make a positive impact, from the outset, on our delivery priorities.
- Develop a strong stakeholder network to meet shared goals
- Identify potential issues, or blockers, anticipating the impact of these whilst playing a key role in devising and delivering appropriate solutions
- Coordinate the delivery of key pieces of work across multiple areas of the team, taking a lead with more junior team members and peers, as appropriate
- Understand internal, regulatory and industry drivers and the impact of these in the context of your remit and the value you provide to your stakeholders
- Regularly demonstrate the ability to use data driven analysis to inform decision making, whilst adding value to our customers and broader stakeholders
- Act as a risk and control advocate, driving a culture of continuous improvement and systematic risk practices throughout the Technology Centre of Excellence and the broader bank
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll display particularly strong stakeholder management and influencing skills, allowing you to build effective working relationships with a number of stakeholders both inside and outside of the Technology function. You'll also have proven experience of working in risk or controls, regulatory and/or technology environment and demonstrably adding value to the business through your delivery.
In addition to this, you'll:
- Be able to articulate, verbally and through the written word, complex issues in a meaningful, concise and impactful manner
- Have expert knowledge of practically applying risk management practices and methodologies, ideally in a technology environment
- Be personally resilient and confident managing a busy work load, able to routinely adapt to changing priorities, working to tight deadlines across business boundaries
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.