- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 84848
We're looking for a Technology Controls Manager to join us in Edinburgh
- You'll be joining our Technology Controls Centre of Excellence, an independent and objective leadership function, supporting effective and customer focused risk based assessment
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders, you'll ensure that risks are pre-emptively identified and managed in line with our risk appetite
- We'll look to you to provide insightful thought leadership to key stakeholders, and drive the delivery of reliable technology that serves our customers well
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for driving how we partner with senior stakeholders, operational and change teams and your colleagues in the Technology Controls Centre of Excellence for our core governance arrangements and activity. As such, you'll shape, influence and challenge the control solutions adopted as part of our domain-led model, such that they are effective and aligned to our Agile ways of working.
You'll coach the domains to ensure appropriate risk identification and assessment is undertaken, supported by the appropriate challenge and governance, and that appropriate controls are incorporated to underpin the sustainable delivery of reliable technology.
As well as this you'll:
- Serve as the Secretariat for Technology Control’s key risk governance forums: Technology Risk Committee, Controls Remediation Working Group, and Technology Process Board
- Be responsible for the production of high quality governance forum packs, delivered to the required timelines, and with supporting summaries to core stakeholders for the meetings; including the production of ad-hoc papers for the meeting
- Produce clear, concise minutes for governance forums and support training of team members to share this activity and skillset
- Liaise with colleagues in Services to ensure Technology are proactively planning for escalations to the Services Risk Committee and that Technology representatives are suitably prepared for these meetings
- Undertake ad-hoc risk reviews and recommend the most appropriate course of action
- Champion a flexible approach and mind set, focused on meeting the needs of our customers, and developing pragmatic solutions
- Develop a strong stakeholder network to meet shared goals and produce optimal outputs for Technology’s governance forums
- Identify potential issues, or blockers, anticipating the impact of these whilst playing a key role in devising and delivering appropriate solutions
- Coordinate the delivery of key pieces of work across multiple areas of the team, taking a lead with more junior team members and peers, as appropriate
- Act as a risk and control advocate, driving a culture of continuous improvement
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need strong stakeholder management and influencing skills, allowing you to build effective working relationships with a number of stakeholders both inside and outside of the Technology function. You'll also have proven experience of working in a risk and controls, regulatory or technology environment where you've added value to the business through your delivery.
Experience of involvement in creation of governance forum packs, writing of board papers, or producing minutes would be beneficial.
In addition to this, you'll:
- Be able to articulate, verbally and through the written word, complex issues in a meaningful, concise and impactful manner
- Have expert knowledge of practically applying risk management practices and methodologies, ideally in a technology environment
- Be confident managing a busy work load, able to routinely adapt to changing priorities while working to tight deadlines across business boundaries
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.