- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Internal Audit
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 74830
We're looking for an Audit Manager to join us in Edinburgh
- This is an excellent opportunity to join our Internal Audit function as an Audit Manager within the Risk, Finance and Functions team
- You'll be auditing Operational Risk as well as elements of the banks corporate functions, including Corporate Governance and Regulatory Affairs, Communications & Marketing and Legal
- With the opportunity to further develop an extensive range of skills and knowledge, this varied role also offers excellent exposure to our business and its senior stakeholders
What you'll do
This role will give you the platform to make a significant impact and influence our business managers, to ensure they lead in a risk conscious way. This is a key role in which you'll be delivering the strategic audit plan for the business area. You'll apply your innovative insight to identify our customers’ needs and priorities, contributing to improving risk processes across the bank.
You'll also be:
- Mapping out processes, assessing risks and controls, and gaining a real insight into the control environment by visiting business areas and establishing how to effectively test controls
- Working in collaboration with senior management to produce a final report compiling your findings into a high quality document
- Driving assurance for regular - as well as some complex - engagements, supporting the engagement assurance planning and ensuring coverage of all key risks
The skills you'll need
As an experienced internal auditor with a strong background in risk management, you'll have an excellent understanding of operational risk and the regulatory environment in large financial institutions, together with a proven ability to deliver audit assignments on time and to budget.
Your team will also be responsible for auditing the risks associated with implementing ring-fencing across the bank, and therefore experience in auditing projects and large scale change would be advantageous.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Experience of how you've successfully led a team in delivering complex projects while keeping a firm hand on budget, timelines and quality
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and effective stakeholder management skills
- The ability to assess and prioritise effectively, quickly establishing what's important
- The ability to effectively support and supervise your team through coaching, feedback and development, taking a proactive approach towards identifying and promoting talent
- A self starting and proactive attitude, with a drive to progress your own development
- Effective collaboration and coordination across audit teams
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.