- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Risk Management
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 85430
Join us in Edinburgh, Belfast or Manchester as a Senior Risk Analyst
- If you're highly motivated and analytically minded, join us in Risk Decision Analytics as a Senior Risk Analyst
- We develop operational scorecards and automated strategies which are used to deliver more automated credit decisioning for our customers
- You’ll be well positioned to raise your profile, with the chance to collaborate with highly skilled colleagues across the risk community
- We offer a range of flexible working options that help to shape where, when and how you work – and strike a balance between your personal and professional lives
What you'll do
You'll be joining the Scoring Team in Risk Decision Analytics, which is part of Financial Risk & Analytics, and is responsible for credit risk modelling, analytics and innovation across our consumer portfolios.
You'll be drawing on your strong analytical skills to take forward the design, development and implementation of analytical and modelling projects. This will involve strong engagement with our key stakeholders to make sure that the support we provide meets the requirements of the business.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Assisting in scoping, designing, building and maintaining statistical models for UK and Ireland retail portfolios
- Supporting the management of on-going analytics projects
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure the effective delivery of projects
- Working on the implementation and post-implementation review of final models
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role you'll need experience of risk systems, methodologies and processes in a retail and commercial banking environment. You'll be degree qualified in a numerate discipline, and will have experience of data driven analysis, with some experience of statistical or mathematical modelling.
We'll also be looking for:
- Experience using SAS, SQL, Python or other relevant programming languages, ideally on large datasets in a mainframe or server environment
- The proven ability to plan and organise your own workload to deliver in a challenging environment
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, with an understanding of how spreadsheets and data packages can be used to analyse numerical data
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to discuss complex analytical ideas with non-technical colleagues in a meaningful way
- The ability to identify issues and trends from data and create analytical solutions
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.