- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 83630
Join us in Edinburgh as a Technical Analyst
- Be an integral part of a team that provides a first class Trustee Oversight Service for Unit Trusts and Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICs)
- Develop your coaching and leadership skills in a regulatory environment and in a role where you'll be responsible for the workflow of a team of 12
- This is a great opportunity to develop specialist regulatory knowledge, in a role with scope for progression within the department
What you'll do
You'll be making a key contribution to the delivery of our Trustee Oversight Service for Unit Trusts and OEICs by providing technical support and one to one coaching for employees, while assisting the Team Manager in identifying training needs. You'll also manage the distribution of work and resources on a day to day basis to ensure tight deadlines are met across the team.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Taking the lead on continuous improvement activities, to simplify and strengthen the way we work
- Completing process metrics and maintaining visual boards
- Supporting the Team Manager to ensure team objectives are achieved and that all work is completed promptly and in compliance with current procedures and regulations
- Deputising for the Team Manager as required
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a resourceful and adaptable individual with the ability to work well under pressure. You'll be able to manage a busy workload and prioritise effectively. A keen eye for detail and accuracy in your work will also be essential, as you'll be working in a regulatory environment.
Sound knowledge of operational procedures and an understanding of a regulated Collective Investment Scheme environment would also be an advantage.
As well as this, we'll look to you to demonstrate:
- The ability to manage resources and organise workloads within a large team to support team targets
- A forward looking approach and the initiative to drive continuous improvement activity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build trusting and collaborative relationships within the team
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS International, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.