- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 290761
Location: Glasgow - G1 2PR
Vacancy Description: Capita are currently looking to appoint a Mechanical Engineer who shall be given the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects across our Real Estate and Infrastructure division.
- BEng or MEng in Mechanical Engineering.
- Able to carry out mechanical design and hydraulic calculations as well as having an understanding of pumping systems and pump selection.
- Able to understand and produce P&IDs as well as have experience in producing technical documents such as mechanical specifications, general, outline and detained system design drawings.
The successful applicant will join the water and M&E team working for the Principal Engineer within a developed small team environment involved in a wide-ranging role which could include (project dependent) design, bid preparation, specification and tender preparation, site asset surveys, energy efficiency green development strategies as well as part-time site supervisory roles on both clean and wastewater construction sites schemes. The candidate will note there may be a requirement for some work out of the home base area in remote areas, and as such personal transport is considered a pre-requisite.
The candidate will note that the role will also likely include liaison with site-based operational and maintenance staff. Reporting to the Principal Engineer the successful applicant will be responsible for working within the team to provide a complete mechanical/electrical/civil solution within tight timescales and to tight budgets. There are significant long-term opportunities for career progression.
- Mechanical design
- Bid preparation
- Report production
- Specification and tender preparation
- Site asset surveys
- Energy efficiency green development strategies as well as part-time site supervisory role
- Liaison with operations and maintenance staff on site
- Be able to ensure compliance with current industry standards and to work with all stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes
- Be able to produce clear and concise written documentation for operational staff who undertake ongoing operation and maintenance of plant
The Capita infrastructure division delivers projects in the UK and across the globe. We have successfully delivered many high-profile projects including National Grids London Power Tunnels, Dalmuir Wastewater Treatment Works in Scotland and the £400M Shatin-Central Link Cross-Harbour Tunnels in Hong Kong. Our pipeline of opportunities includes some of the most exciting major infrastructure projects in Europe, including HS2 Phases 1 and 2 and London Power Tunnels Phase 2. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of our expansion process and to help Capita maintain and grow our position as a leading supplier of engineering and environmental services.
- 37.5 hours a week
- Annual leave - negotiable, but typically 20 days
- The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within Capita including support for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications.
- Access too many Capita Group benefits including one relevant professional subscriptions paid for, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, various private insurance schemes available.
Capita Property & Infrastructure Overview:
With 4,000 staff across the UK, we work with our clients to transform and modernise their businesses, combining our experience in the built environment, infrastructure and real estate with ICT, business process re-engineering and outsourcing solutions to reduce costs and enhance services. Our clients include both central and local government, as well as property developers, investors, occupiers, contractors and a range of other commercial organisations.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; childcare vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.