- Sector: Transport, Logistics and Distribution
- Specialism: Stores Manager
- Location: Glasgow
- From £39,473 per annum
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 8988
First Glasgow currently has a vacancy for a Workshop Manager at Scotstoun Depot.
We offer a salary of £39,473 per annum and your working hours will be 37 per week working Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend working
Working closely within the depot engineering management team, the Workshop Manager will be responsible for the day to day engineering operations within the depot, to ensure safe, punctual, reliable and cost effective delivery of services through effective maintenance and repair of the fleet.
As a Workshop Manager you should have a passion for engineering, Workshop Manager experience is essential and proof of qualification is required at interview. Delivering to agreed plans and budgets, including agreed level of fleet and facilities, is a key part of this role so experience of budgetary control is desired.
Equally important will be your ability to support colleagues to deliver a programme of change. To be successful in this challenging and forward thinking role you should also be able to demonstrate that you are fully committed to all aspects of health, safety and the environment, while demonstrating strong managerial skills and leadership qualities.
Have technical engineering experience ideally related to bus and coach fleet maintenance and are focused on service delivery with a proactive approach and willingness to implement change.
You should also have a full driving licence and possess a recognised engineering qualification as well as be willing to undertake any further training considered appropriate.
Technical Knowledge and Training:
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent.
- Welding experience preferable.
- Must have experience of working within a PCV/ HGV technician environment
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- Discounted travel for you and your family on the trains (GWR, TPE, Hull Trains) and your family & friends will also benefit from cheap bus travel.
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme.
One of Britain's largest bus operators, we connect communities and help people to go to school, work and the shops. Every single day around 1.6 million passengers get on board our 6,400 buses. It's why we're so passionate about providing services that are reliable, punctual and offer good value for money. We're also proud to be part of the FirstGroup family that's based all around the world from the UK and Ireland to the USA, Canada and Mexico.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.