- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Risk Management
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 84830
Join us as a Risk Scenario Modelling Team Manager in Edinburgh, London or Belfast
- Take on an important leadership role in the Risk Scenario Models team within Financial Risk and Analytics
- You'll be joining and leading part of a recently formed team that brings together IFRS9 and stress testing, managing a small team of managers and analysts
- You'll gain exposure to the tools which are crucial to the bank's provision process and for ensuring we have adequate capital
What you'll do
You'll lead a highly specialised team tasked with ensuring RBS develops and maintains a suite of compliant and effective models meeting internal and external requirements in terms of risk measurement and identification as part of IFRS9 and stress testing models. This will involve supporting and leading analysts and mangers in the design of models, and planning the build, governance and implementation involved in the full end-to-end model building process for our retail portfolio.
The outputs of this role form part of the IFRS9 credit risk impairment calculations of wholesale portfolios used across the bank, RFB and Non-RFB.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development and maintenance of the bank’s IFRS9 wholesale models to support Risk decision making, risk appetite and allocation
- Leading and managing a small team of managers and analysts
- Ensuring model developments meet accounting and regulatory requirements
The skills you'll need
This is a leadership role, involving senior stakeholder engagement. You'll need to manage conflicting priorities and be able to plan to tight deadlines.
You'll need broad experience of risk systems, methodologies and processes in a retail banking environment. You'll also need excellent analytical skills and experience in the practical application of risk models.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- Experience in successfully using and deploying new data sources, approaches and tools, with a strong customer focus
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead, develop and motivate a specialist team
- The ability to influence, collaborate with and win support from senior stakeholders
- Experience of working in a regulatory regime applicable to businesses within the financial services industry and in particular systems and controls relating to data used to build and review credit risk models
- Project management experience, and the ability to develop and execute against plans in a context of changing priorities
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.