- Contact: Sarah Maguire
- Reference: 11696
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the leadership team of West Highland College UHI. We are seeking to appoint a Director of Finance and Resources to support our Principal and Chief Executive in leading our financial and business strategies and to support the college’s growth at this crucial juncture of its development.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to West Highland College UHI’s successful expansion at a senior executive level, whilst living and working in one of the most breathtakingly beautiful and naturally wild landscapes in the UK, with all the benefits of this position being located in Fort William, the Outdoor Capital of the UK. We strive to have transformational impact on the development and prospects of this region, its people and its communities, contributing directly to the sustainable economic, social and cultural life of our area and to be an inspiration for all those who want to live, learn and work in such an outstanding place. We know we make a difference. We would like you to join us to help us build capacity to go further yet.
The primary purpose of the post is to ensure the provision of Corporate and Financial Services to enable the effective and efficient management of the College; to support the college in developing its commercial and corporate strategies; to manage operational activity and the effective running of systems, procedures and staff teams to provide a customer focused service for internal and external users of these services; to provide a professional advisory role to the College’s Board and its committees on financial and corporate matters.
The post holder will be specifically accountable for:
- Managing the strategic and operational development of the college’s finance, estates & facilities.
- Managing the college’s finance, estates & facilities staff and associated administrative systems.
- Undertaking financial and risk analysis, monitoring and reporting.
- Act as college lead for UHI/regional shared services development.
- Ensure financial statutory compliance (Including SFC) for the college.Ensure timely development and management of annual college budgets and accounts.
- Lead management of key finance, estates & facilities as required.
- Liaison with UHI, Scottish Funding Council, Board, Executive Leadership Team, college managers and other appropriate intermediaries on related financial and estates and facilities issues.
- Supervising the duties of the Freedom of Information Officer.
- Undertaking the Company Secretary Role, including responsibility for preparation and submission of the college’s annual report, as statutory annual accounts.
- Responsible for overseeing the management of the college’s commercial kitchen operation.
Working in partnership with Executive Leadership Team in sourcing, preparing, submitting and financial management of funding applications.
- Managing the strategic and operational development of the college’s estates strategy.
- Manage Internal Audit processes and reporting.
- As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, provide advice and guidance within designated areas of responsibility, and development and maintain best practice.
- As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, to create a culture and expectation of high performance, based on quality enhancement, collaboration and innovation.
This is has a key leadership and management role within the college. The post holder has a major interface with external partners and agencies but also works collaboratively with internal teams across multiple locations, other managers and many other college staff on finance, facilities and budget related matters and initiatives. Evidence of excellent leadership, communication and management skills, as well as proven approach to developing effective teams are key to this role.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level, and be a fully qualified accountant with significant experience of financial management in a complex corporate environment. While not essential, experience and knowledge of further or higher education would be an advantage, with experience of presenting to a Board of Directors.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.