- Sector: Retail
- Specialism: Sales Manager, Store Management
- Location: Tobermory
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Angela Ashton
- Reference: Dist/Tobermory01
Main functions (accountabilities): Include but not limited to:
- Demonstrate a pride and passion for Tobermory distillery, Scotch whisky and the Isle of Mull.
- Through personal drive and initiative, lead and develop the Tobermory visitor team delivering a warm Hebridean welcome and ensuring a world class visitor experience for all our visitors.
- To engage visitors in the Tobermory distillery Scotch whisky experience accurately, informatively and emotionally through our tastings and tours, creating advocates for our whiskies and island.
- To work within the standards of Tobermory distillery’s health and safety policy and other Distell department systems and procedures.
- Working with the Retail and Visitor Centre Manager, support and deliver KPI’s, annual budgets for the distillery visitor centre including Visitor Experience, revenue and overheads.
- Lead daily operational briefs and ensuring the visitor team are aware of daily business needs and actions.
- Identify and complete all recruitment, motivational, discipline and training needs to ensure effective job performance and is relevant with brand information, visitor experience and Distell procedures.
- Collaborate with the Tobermory distillery Manger and production team to tailor our visitor experience to production schedules and maintenance periods, leading to an aligned and positive visitor experience for visitors.
- Continually seek ways to extend and/or improve the range and quality of visitor experiences that we deliver at the distillery.
- To carry out other reasonable duties/tasks as required to deliver and meet the objectives of the Tobermory visitor centre. This will include working at weekends and occasional evening work in the summer season.
- Be an ambassador for the Tobermory single malt whisky brand and a consummate host for our distillery.
This position requires an enthusiastic outlook and a flexible approach to work. Great people skills and an ability to follow instruction to ensure the highest level of team performance are key attributes required to lead and develop our visitor experience at Tobermory distillery. We are looking for individuals with:
- Excellent people management skills.
- World class customer service knowledge and execution.
- Full understanding of the Tobermory brand, history and artisanal whisky making methods.
- Be the ultimate Tobermory distillery brand ambassador for our whisky, distillery & island.
- Friendly, confident and approachable, have the correct ‘tone of voice’ to customers and colleagues.
- Be focused and quality driven with attention to detail.
- Be forward thinking, have a willingness to learn, providing solutions and look to inspire those around you, displaying behaviours to win as a team.
- A strong sense of ownership and pride.
A background in retail, visitor experience, hospitality and customer orientated business would be ideal for this position. Additional fluent language skills would be an advantage but not essential.