- Contact: Angela Ashton, Distell HR
- Reference: Dist/Tobermory02
Distell International Limited are one of Scotland’s leading Scotch whisky producers. Our Tobermory Distillery sits at the centre of Mull’s vibrant island community, distilling whisky since 1798. We are looking to recruit passionate and personable individuals as Tour Guides for our distillery visitor centre to communicate our distillery’s artisanal whisky making techniques, amazing history, conduct tours and whisky tasting sessions. You will be at the forefront of delivering a wonderful Tobermory Scotch whisky experience and friendly welcome for all our visitors.
Working as part of the Tobermory distillery visitor team, you will be required to ensure the highest levels of customer service by welcoming, informing and enthusing our visitors during their visit of the distillery, consistently delivering a friendly, memorable and enriching experience.
To deliver a first class Tobermory Distillery Scotch Whisky Experience for all our customers, public and corporate while supporting your other visitor centre colleagues on all tasks required.
Main functions (accountabilities):
Include but not limited to:
- Demonstrate a pride and passion for Tobermory distillery, Scotch whisky and the Isle of Mull.
- To engage visitors in the Tobermory distillery Scotch whisky experience accurately, informatively and emotionally through our tastings and tours.
- To help provide a coordinated and professional level of service to our customers at point of contact.
- To ensure that the visitor centre is clean and functional at all times (including visitor reception area, retail store, cafe, tasting room, toilets, storage cupboards etc).
- To work within the standards of Tobermory distillery’s health and safety policy.
- To carry out other reasonable duties/tasks as required to deliver and meet the objectives of the DVC. This will include working at weekends, occasional evening work in the corporate and online facilities.
This position requires an enthusiastic outlook and a flexible approach to work. Great people skills and an ability to follow instruction to ensure the highest level of team performance are key attributes required to maintain and develop our visitor experience at Tobermory distillery.
- To demonstrate a pride and a passion for Tobermory distillery and Scotch whisky in general.
- To display confidence and enthusiasm with face-to-face contact with visitors within the distillery visitor centre experience including distillery tour, tastings, shop and on occasion external events.
- To demonstrate an appetite and enthusiasm for learning, continually developing your own knowledge of Tobermory distillery and Scotch whisky as well as furthering your own levels of customer service.
- The ability to communicate the above knowledge and entertain visitors, delivering an authentic Tobermory whisky experience.
- To display a high degree of flexibility, adaptability and ability to work within a close team.
- A flexible approach to hours of work over a seven day working week is required and some evening work will be integral to this role.
Whisky knowledge is not a necessity for the position as our training will take care of explaining the uniqueness of Tobermory’s single malt whisky, its history, its people and the skill of the scotch malt whisky process itself.