- Sector: Retail
- Specialism: Department Management, Store Management
- Location: Tobermory
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Angela Ashton, Distell HR
- Reference: Dist/Tobermory04
Main functions (accountabilities):
Include but not limited to:
- Demonstrate a pride and passion for Tobermory distillery, Scotch whisky and the Isle of Mull.
- Through personal drive and initiative, support the Distillery Visitor Centre Manager in leading and manging the visitor team, ensuring a warm Hebridean welcome and a world class whisky experience for our visitors.
- Provide training and support to team members, promote business and team values and the achievement of departmental and business objectives.
- Review and implement improvements to increase efficiencies and encourage best working practice, adhering to Distell’s Health and Safety procedures.
- Control stock via Purchase Orders, deliveries and invoicing when required.
- Liaise with Customer Services department to ensure timeous management and facilitation of orders.
- Day to day running of the distillery shop and tours through daily operating proceedures and meetings.
- Daily administration of cash handling, opening and closing procedures, banking, invoicing, etc
- Administration of Distell EPOS, Head Quarters Management system and Store Opps.
- Ensure team members maintain accurate information and excellent customer service and liaise with the Visitor Centre Manager.
- In conjunction with the Visitor Centre Manager regularly review any issues which may impact the quality of the visitor experience.
- Deputise for Distillery Visitor Centre Manager as required.
Qualifications and Experience
The position of Team Leader requires an enthusiastic outlook and a flexible approach to work. Great people skills and an ability to ensure the highest level of team performance are key attributes required to support and develop our visitor experience at Tobermory distillery. We are looking for individuals with:
- Excellent people management skills.
- World class customer service knowledge and execution.
- Be the ultimate Tobermory distillery brand ambassador for our whisky, distillery & island.
- Friendly, confident and approachable, have the correct ‘tone of voice’ to customers and colleagues.
- Be focused and quality driven with attention to detail.
- Be forward thinking, have a willingness to learn, providing solutions and look to inspire those around you, displaying behaviours to win as a team.
- A strong sense of ownership and pride.
A background in retail, visitor experience, hospitality and customer orientated business would be ideal for this position. Additional fluent language skills would be an advantage but not essential.