- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 9195
We are looking for a Vehicle Examiner to join our team in Caledonia, Glasgow.
As a Vehicle Examiner you will examine vehicles in accordance with Central Engineering Standard Operating Procedures. To diagnose vehicle faults, specify the correct method of repair and indicate repair action times.
Working practices include:
- To be competent in the basic workshop routines for SAP with regards to the raising and closing of works orders.
- To be fully up to date with individual vehicle history paying particular attention to reoccurring defects prior to carrying out the vehicle inspection.
- To assess and record the scheduled time required to complete the work arising for each defect identified from the vehicle inspection.
- To carry out quality monitoring of completed work from inspections, servicing and running repairs.
- To carry out vehicle road testing in accordance with Central Engineering SOPs.
- To carry out physical repairs as required.
- To liaise with VOSA staff in the submission of vehicles for annual test.
Technical knowledge and training
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2).
- To be familiar with modern repair techniques and the use of electronic and mechanical diagnostic equipment
- To be familiar with computerized engineering systems and the input and extraction of relevant data.
- Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- Discounted travel for you and your family on the trains (GWR, TPE, Hull Trains) and your family & friends will also benefit from cheap bus travel.
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme.
One of Britain's largest bus operators, we connect communities and help people to go to school, work and the shops. Every single day around 1.6 million passengers get on board our 6,400 buses. It's why we're so passionate about providing services that are reliable, punctual and offer good value for money. We're also proud to be part of the FirstGroup family that's based all around the world from the UK and Ireland to the USA, Canada and Mexico.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.