- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: HOT05ZWJ
Set in a historic building with a modern and stylish interior, is the perfect place for our guests to stay when visiting the city. Set in the bustling West End of Glasgow, just minutes from the city centre via subway, walking distance from Glasgow University and overlooking the Botanic Gardens, our hotel is in one of the best locations in Glasgow.
What will I be doing?
As a Reception Shift Leader, you will supervise Reception operations to ensure consistently-delivered exceptional service to our guests, especially as service affects the information provided by Team Members to assist with Guest enquiries. Our Shift Leaders interact with Guests and contribute greatly to their first & lasting impressions, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Supervise accurate and efficient Reception operations including check in/out procedures
- Support Team Members in handling Guest requests and enquires to ensure a positive outcome
- Ensure the Front Office Manager is fully aware of any relevant feedback from Guests and/or other departments
- Ensure a consistent, high level of customer service
- Brief your team on any events or VIP guests in the hotel that day
- Drive sales revenues and promote hotel services and facilities for up-selling opportunities
- Understand and apply correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with the hotel credit policy
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Front Office Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of all room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, local area and other general product knowledge necessary to perform their duties
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics to inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards
- Act in accordance with the front of house equipment and the property management systems
- Conduct training programs on an ongoing basis
- Carry out shift handovers and brief team members as required
- Follow company brand standards
- Assist other departments, as necessary, and maintain good working relationships with hotel Team Members
Reception Shift Leaders working with Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, skills, and values that follow...
- Previous experience in hotel reception operations
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team
- Competent level of IT proficiency
What will itbe like to work for Hilton?
Our teams deliver exceptional hospitality experiences to our Guests every day& their contributions are at the core of our success. We're committed to helping our teams'Thrive@Hilton', to ensure we're our best self, every day.
Our benefit programmes help to build a strong foundation to achieve this...
BODY - Webuild a strong foundation for health & wellbeing…
Retirement plan, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, dentalinsurance & eye care
MIND - Weseek lifelong learning & meaningful leadership…
Childcare vouchers, CMP & CAP, AXA employee assistance programme
SPIRIT - Wedare to dream & connect with purpose…
Team member room rates globally, perks at work package
We are Hilton, We are Hospitality!
Contract - Permanent (39hrs per week)
Salary - £8.15 per hour + Hilton perks & benefits programme
In line withthe Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we require all applicants to have theeligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interviewstage.
Check Out Similar Jobs