- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: IRC2140470
This is a brand new role based in our Maintenance Delivery Unit and supporting our frontline managers with their People agenda. You will have the opportunity to have a real impact by making HR topics meaningful and manageable for your client group. You'll be a proactive individual who doesn't mind being in the thick of it and enjoys developing strong relationships with managers and trade unions. You'll have a supportive wider HR team which are based in a different site. You will be comfortable dealing autonomously with competing priorities and challenging customers. If this excites you and you can demonstrate your experience in similar scenarios, then apply now, we want to hear from you!
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain's railway. From Crossrail ' Europe's largest civil engineering project ' to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
Network Operations plans, operates and maintains the railway day-to-day. Our business units ' 'routes' ' work closely with our customers, and are accountable for improving customer service, safety, and performance, as well as providing a value for money railway.
Interview Date - 11th March
Provides pro-active, value add HR support to the supported business leaders across the function/route on medium term and operational people issues.
1. Working closely with the supported business, to implement and deliver the HR Strategy/People Plan to include; talent, succession planning and change management, in order to support the delivery of business objectives and drive a high performance culture.
2. Work closely and building strong relationships with members of the supported business senior leadership team and other relevant stakeholders. Coach, advise and challenge, where appropriate, business leaders on short and medium term HR issues as required.
3. Provide operational HR support on (for example) organisation change, senior appointments, salary and bonus, graduate or apprentice programmes.
4. Successfully deliver client responsive, cost effective and integrated people solutions that address key business objectives, gaining acceptance from key stakeholders.
5. Reinforce the ownership of people management by the business and line managers and support the HR delivery model.
6. Work with the broader HR function, including Centres of expertise, HR Direct and HR shared services teams to provide the best solutions for the business.
7. Work with appropriate Union representatives to support the business in delivering business solutions.
8. Liaise with HR Business Partners in other areas of the business in order to work collaboratively on cross business/geographical issues.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Key Leadership Capabilities
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to '3,333 (to a maximum amount of '2,500).
We adhere to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: '39,514 - '44,453
Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history.
Closing date: 22-02-2019. Late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.